Lumia 920 stuck on gears after reset...

Matthias Huster

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I got this message when installing the updater: "the operating system is not adequate for running Nokia Software Updater for Retail.

still having my nokia problem unsolved :(

Son Of Belushi UK

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
This will be little help, initially, to anyone who is in the middle of the spinning gears nightmare. However...

If you are about to reset your Lumia: Plug it in to a PC/Mac and delete your photos, music, ringtones and videos manually. I didn't go as far as uninstalling all my apps but you might want to. Take the sim out and reboot the phone. When you then reset your phone it will take a fraction of the time to go through the process (under 5 minutes for me) and bring you happily back to the initial welcome screen.

How do I know this works? I had the spinning gears the previous time I did a reset but no problems after doing the above.

If you have got the spinning gears: FAQ - FAQ - My Lumia stays at the spinning gears, how do I get it to stop? - Nokia - UK - This does work although it doesn't tell you about how picky the phone is with your timings. When the exclaimation mark appears do not linger on the volume down button; take your finger away immediately. Took me maybe 4/5 goes but it does work.

Of course, you shouldn't have to do any of that, but as someone who endured 4 bricked iPhone 3GS devices after "updates" in 2010/2011, I found this much less painful a process to endure.

Hope it helps.

mirror0217

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
same as my lumia 620......and my power off button cannot working too:( I heard others said it's useless to send the phone to repair..:grincry:

abrahambenny

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey !

Last night, fed up with the fact I wasn't getting any notifications on my store tile, I decided to go with a factory reset of the phone.
I plugged it in, hit factory reset, and waited. After a good two hours, I went to bed, gears still spinning. As I woke up, still gears... Phone is bricked.

I've tried soft resetting it, to no avail, I'm just endlessly stuck on gears and have no idea what to do...

Any help ? :(

Thanks !
Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifeca1295