Lumia 925 can't connect to Microsoft Account/ Twitter the works.

AdamJoeOos

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
HI, I updated my phone to Windows Phone 8.1 . Went great up until yesterday when my twitter stopped working. So I finally decided to hard reset my phone, and now every time I try to log into my Microsoft account under "accounts", I get a service not available message. What is up? I can't seem to find other people who are having the same issue.

UPDATE:
Fix at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:

AdamJoeOos

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
O, and I did try WiFi and 3G, no luck. Phone is basically a brick right about now, can't download any apps. Error message when trying to sign into Microsoft account did change a bit, though only punctuation wise.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Do another hard reset and make sure you set it to your native territory and language (instead of us cortana trick).

Its probably a bug. Hard reset should fix it. Failing that you could email ms support to make sure there's no issue on your account.

AdamJoeOos

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Do another hard reset and make sure you set it to your native territory and language (instead of us cortana trick).

Its probably a bug. Hard reset should fix it. Failing that you could email ms support to make sure there's no issue on your account.

Hi, thanks for the reply! Ok, I'm doing another one. Thought about the account thing, but that would be impossible since it's telling me the service is unavailable, without knowing anything about my account. I'll let you know what happens.

AdamJoeOos

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Just reset it again. Still giving the same "We're having trouble signing in. This service isn't available right now-- please try again later". I will check the sms thing now.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm guessing it is off, because in order to edit anything in "back up" I need to sign into my microsoft account, which still isn't working.

Yeah, it was worst a shot since it is a known issue on some accounts that have sms backup not syncing correctly.

AdamJoeOos

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so someone please shoot me now. I overlooked that the date was totally wrong! :D Ok, so now I can get into the log in screen, wooh! Hopefully twitter will work this time around, and now I get a nice and refreshed Win Phone 8.1! Thanks for all the help!

foaf

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this, I did exactly the same with a Lumia 630. Was going to take it back to the shop before finding this thread.

It does annoy me that the error message for this does not relate to the date and time settings at all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss