Lumia 925 is a great phone, but ...

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Let me start by saying that I love Nokia phones, and without them windows phone won't be as popular as it is today, I've been a Nokia user from the 90's and I was never disappointed until those bad lumias I got.

I previously had issues with my lumia 900 http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-900/190965-nokia-lumia-900-issues.html basically I bought 3 of them for me and my family and had to return all of them a couple of times, more than 1 times in total.

A year later I upgraded to WP8 and go a 521 http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...tart-weird-transition-effect.html#post2064430 but those are minor ones, but still I had to replace my phone to get a working one.

Now I got a lumia 925 from tmobile and in one month I replaced 3 a lot of issues in this great device, from excessive overheating and restarts, to a loose back that clicks, burn-in lines on the phone (vertical and horizontal) bad phone key lights (windows phone, search, back), and loose power button, eventually I settled down and gave up on the replacement(even though T-Mobile was willing to replace again but I got tired). but the one I have now still have issues that I can live with, those are loose power button and bad key lights ( the back button is half lit).

Nokia builds the best phones out there, they have the best options to pick from, they deliver high quality devices, but they fail in keeping that high-quality consistent with the phones they produce, even phones with the same model don't look the same, at one point I had 3 lumia 925 and when I put them together they look totally different, (on has the headphones output raised up beyond the phone body borders, one has the white back not aligned with the phone, one had a sim-card door with a color different than the phone, and not to mention the misplaced screen on one of them, it's really disappointing and frustrating for users to deal with these replacement and trying to find solutions and fixes, most of my family members who I recommended wp to them and they switch eventually bought iphones and androids because of that frustration, but I stayed with windows phone because I depend heavily on windows phone exclusives ( office, one note, xbox games, office365) and I really like the metro design, I really hope that the next windows phone that Microsoft is working on after buying nokia won't have these commons issues, and will go through a better QA process.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
So you've had three Nokia phones, all with issues. Funny how many of us have only had one Nokia device over the same time period without any issue. My thought is you are just like my soon to be ex-roommate. I don't care what type of device you put in her hand she will have it screwed up in less than a week. Oh, and of course she didn't do anything to cause it.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand, and I'm sorry. Some people never get defective units, some do. Ever since the Lumia 800, there have been many build quality issues, even the 1520 does for some people. It annoys me too, how Nokia still has quite bad quality control in their phones, which is one thing I don't like about them.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
So you've had three Nokia phones, all with issues. Funny how many of us have only had one Nokia device over the same time period without any issue. My thought is you are just like my soon to be ex-roommate. I don't care what type of device you put in her hand she will have it screwed up in less than a week. Oh, and of course she didn't do anything to cause it.

The purpose of my post is to point out those common issues, not to talk about people with roommates issues.

go check the issues threads for each devices, those issues are common, also not all people are like you, would settle for bad quality when they pay for the high quality.

Onesto98

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
can you tell me about the screen problem? is that appear at the first or after awhile?
same here, im a nokia fan who wait for something like lumias month & month... until it happen, i bought for my dad a 620, and mother 520. no problem until now, and im going for 925 but after reading these problems, pretty afraid of it now. my android device is going to die and i dont know what to do! buy 925 or another android device, or plan B! w8 for nokia new 9xx flagship!

ps: i love 1520 but in pictures! in real life prefer it for a monster or something else.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
can you tell me about the screen problem? is that appear at the first or after awhile?
same here, im a nokia fan who wait for something like lumias month & month... until it happen, i bought for my dad a 620, and mother 520. no problem until now, and im going for 925 but after reading these problems, pretty afraid of it now. my android device is going to die and i dont know what to do! buy 925 or another android device, or plan B! w8 for nokia new 9xx flagship!

ps: i love 1520 but in pictures! in real life prefer it for a monster or something else.

The screen issue(lines burn-in), was out of the box, it was only on one device and I don't think it's a common issue, I did a lot of research and didn't find anything.
Hopefully you will get a good device, the defective ones I am getting are all from the same warehouse so probably a bad batch there only.

RusB

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Have had the 925 a couple of months after the 920. Stellar phone and not a single issue. iPhone 5 before that and without question is my fave handset to date. Period

squid729

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
have had my Lumia 925 since July 2013. i agree, it's a great phone! i have had no issues and no real complaints. hardware-wise, i feel Nokia nailed this particular model. which was a good thing for as i wanted to be on a T-Mo family plan for $ savings. looked very hard at the Lumia 920 when it came out but could not stomach a 2-yr contract on ATT. i have large hands but no interest in moving to a phone with a larger screen size like the 1520. i will pick up a 7" or 8" tablet, and already use a Dell Latitude 10" tablet, for the times when i need more screen real estate. like lots of folks, anxious for a few apps and features that are important to me that haven't arrived yet, but confident this phone will keep me happy for a while as new apps and OS updates arrive. No regrets at all.

yameilegna

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
my sister in law bought me a nokia lumia 625 in dubai, she sent me this phone to her friend dec 3 together with nokia lumia 520 but when i opened the phone there was so many vertical lines and in the four side of the screen there is square and has blurred color each corner...I'd tried to reset,on and off it so many times and nothings change. But the nokia lumia 520 was ok. And the problem is she didn't tried to used the phone in dubai so it means it's a factory deffect?Still the warranty is under Dubai well I'm here in the Philippines, So how will can I fix it?

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
So here we are again, after the black update, the phone got sh**ty again, random restarts, like 3-5 times in an hour, a factory reset didn't help. screen flickers like crazy when I do the app switching, I mean wtf is wrong with that X when you move the windows, and man the yellow hue in the camera that I was really hoping it goes away with the update is still there, this is really f**ked up, but I finally found the right solution, no more calling tmobile or nokia support, no more asking on forums. its time for me to ditch my nokia phone and this miserable OS that is always lacking support and lacking behind. I am not gonna wait till Microsoft or nokia get their sh**t together and bring it all the features, I am going to get a phone were all the features and stability already exists. screw this. I am still in for Windows 8, but for me windows phone is a piece of sh**t. enjoy this crappy phone OS fanboys.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

right i'll tell you about the screen issue( i hate it so much omg!) it appears after a few weeks with the phone, no idea why but read it the mura effect or burn it or something lol, quite annoying tbh its like smudges that can't be wiped off, some people never have it but some do

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
That's unfortunate.. I've owned 7 Windows Phones since Windows Phone 7 launched. Only had issues with 2 devices. One issue was not specific to my device only. The other issue was on my L920 where the screen started to go yellowly/brown after 5 months. But I upgraded to the 1520 just after that. Either the OP is just extremely unlucky lol or is one of those people that scrutinize every device looking for any imperfections. Mind you, I tend to do the same. However, I tend to choose to live with imperfections while some prefer to keep trading in a device until they reach personal perfection. I usually research issues I encounter to see if it's specific to me or if others have the same problem. If it's specific to me I'll try to find a way I can fix it myself or seek a reasonable workaround. But if it's a huge issue that will cause daily stress then I would consider a swap.

​Either way that's crappy luck and I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having that many issues with anything.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... Well, I have three Windows Phones - a Lumia 810 I got right around its launch, unlocked Rogers 920 and just days ago, a T-Mobile 925 that I got dirt cheap from Newegg. The only issue I've had with any of them was my 810 freezing up, but that wasn't the fault of the phone, it was Words with Friends. Also, my 920 shut itself down once shortly after I got it but only that one time. Out of my three WPs, that one's the one I've used longest at 10 months. It's obvious the OP got a lemon. My phones, especially the 920, are great and run smooth as butter. I've never had issues with any "lack of apps" or anything, either. Every app I need is right there in the Windows Phone Store, and if the official one isn't there, there are plenty of third party apps that work just as well, if not better.

Also, taking such a crap attitude out on an entire OS and its fans is pathetic. Just thought I'd get that out.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I sometime think a lot of the people that go on to any forum complaining about a product and especially tech are there just to complain with the agenda of raising fear in others that might be thinking buying the product.

Most have few posts and they tend to be mostly complaining about the product with various problems.

In turn you can see people doing the opposite I suppose.

spizzlee

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Went from a 920 to a 521 to a 925. Apart from a few random freezes on my 920 and 925, everything else has been perfect. And as far as Microsoft products go, I don't think I have ever had a problem. Starting from Windows ME and so on to an Xbox and so on. :) I LOVE YOU MICROSOFT

140308-161752.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077