Lumia 925 phone cannot Bluetooth to Lumia 2520 Tablet

Jules W

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I am having a frustrating experience trying to transfer photos between my Lumina phone and Lumia Tablet. The Bluetooth connection stays connected only for a couple of seconds and then disconnects. My Lumina 2520 is running Windows 8.1 RT.

I thought this would be straightforward and easy. I wish I had bought into my friends advice and bought into Apple, and the 'It Just Works' approach. I feel such a sucker for thinking Microsoft would get simple stuff like this to work reliably. Probably explains why consumers are giving up on Microsoft phones and Tablets.:angry:

I can connect and maintain a Bluetooth connection between my Nexus 4 Android phone and the Lumina. But my Lumina 925 cannot connect for more than two seconds to my Nexus. So I guess I should have kept to Android devices.

Any suggestions on getting a Lumina Windows Phone to see a Lumina Windows Tablet ?

Last edited:

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Pair the phone to other devices and it will work. The BT connection is only maintained with audio devices.
Pair the phone and 2520. Right click the BT icon on the RT and select 'receive a file', then finish the dialog. Start the file transfer from the phone.
With other paired devices just start the transfer.

Jules W

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but is simply not working.

The BT Pairing only lasts a couple of seconds. And then gets dropped.

Note as the Lumia 2520 Tablet, no mouse, so there is no 'Right Click, just select and hold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven