Lumia 928 SMS Issues on AT&T???

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
For T-Mobile, I was able to get things working in my limited testing. It seems very finicky, seems like either MMS works or SMS works, they don't like to work at the same time. My guess is that it the SMS is not working on 3G/H/H+ and that my phone is dropping down to the other network to send the SMS, either on purpose or by coincidence.

Here is what I did,
1. Create a new APN in Access Point
- Internet APN: Access Point Name: fast.t-mobile.com
- MMS APN:
MMS Access Point Name: fast.t-mobile.com
MMSC Address: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
Network Type: IPv4

2. Go to Cellular Settings and set the highest connection speed to 3g
3. Go to MMS APN in Cellular Settings and repeat the MMS portion of step 1, but also include:
MMS Port: 80
Maximum MMS Size: 1024
4. In cellular settings, choose T-Mobile for Network Selection

Papek_SVK

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I had same issues with my Lumia 928 on Orange (Slovakia). I could receive SMS but I couldn't send them. After hours spent setting various APN, SMS gate number format, number of restarts, finding similar problem and solutions at various forums etc, I found a solution for this weird issue. It's called International Assist and you'll find it in Settings > Apps > Phone. Turn it off and ... voil? problem solved! :wink:

Merek1803

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I was able to get internet, SMS and mms working by creating a new APN in Access Point configured for the networks, and manually apply them. Just know that if you do that you need to hard reset the phone to get it working on Verizons LTE network afterward
What were your APN settings that you created in Access Point for AT&T?

pastelero79

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have switched to the new Cricket and am able to use SMS fine, but no luck with the MMS. After multiple tries and methods listed above, have given up on MMS. At&t lte isn't compatible, but I am comfortable with the H+ performance as I don stream much, and when I do I off load to WiFi.

Mohummad Abdullah

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. I had same issues with my Lumia 928 on Orange (Slovakia). I could receive SMS but I couldn't send them. After hours spent setting various APN, SMS gate number format, number of restarts, finding similar problem and solutions at various forums etc, I found a solution for this weird issue. It's called International Assist and you'll find it in Settings > Apps > Phone. Turn it off and ... voil? problem solved! :wink:

yeah!!!!! its worked for me too, thankyou so much Papek.
Just did this setting.
"International Assist and you'll find it in Settings > Apps > Phone. Turn it off "

Nick Ans

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Okay I have purchased the Lumia 928 twice and sold it twice because of this sms issue and MMS issue. With the latest Lumia denim update is the SMS issue fixed. Can the lumia 928 send sms when the network signal shows H or H+ on Tmobile. Is the MMS issue fixed as well. Please anyone using the phone on Tmobile let me know if these issues are resolved so I can buy the phone again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4