Lumia 930 owners how is battery life?

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't get any problems with my Lumia 930 : Tint, speaker etc. Just return your phone and get a replacement! Also switch some apps off that don't need running in the background. I find the Lumia 930 battery capable for a heavy user. Tested against my Xoeria Z2 and it s just as good in most cases I used- gets through the day and I do you use it alot. 1520 is the best from my experience of heavy use.

Syd90

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
My previous phone was a 1520 i found it difficult to handle for every day use, its battery was phenomenal lasted three to 3.5 days with average use, my lumia 930 has the same apps and settings and everything but lasts two days some times 1.5 days of average use still really good but no where near the 1520

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been fine and had no issues with anything. One really weird thing was I decided to drain battery till it turned off then charge it to full. But when I reached 4% it stayed that way for an hour which was bizarre but good anyway.

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been fine and had no issues with anything. One really weird thing was I decided to drain battery till it turned off then charge it to full. But when I reached 4% it stayed that way for an hour which was bizarre but good anyway.

Careful because the lithium ion batteries like to be kept topped up.
Lion should be topped up when it falls to about 50-65% charge remaining.

Discharging lions increases their cycles of use, thereby shortening their lifespan.

It is the old NiCad & NiMH which must be discharged and then fully charged, esp the old NiCads, to prevent memory effect...

sup3r1or

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
To be honest after about 2 weeks kind of disappointing with battery life. I wish they put Snapdragon 801 in this phone as it is more power efficient. I have to charge phone during the day. about an hour of proper use drains 50% of my battery. I have a lot of things switched off. I have FB notification but I never get any notification on tiles until aI actually open FB app, why is that?

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
To be honest after about 2 weeks kind of disappointing with battery life. I wish they put Snapdragon 801 in this phone as it is more power efficient. I have to charge phone during the day. about an hour of proper use drains 50% of my battery. I have a lot of things switched off. I have FB notification but I never get any notification on tiles until aI actually open FB app, why is that?

An hour used drains 50%? That sounds too much. Something weird must be going on. The battery life ain't very good but it shouldn't be that bad.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My first report is everything so far is perfect,except the battery life. But. This might be early software or just that it's needing a good run in. But it does worry me because less than 3 minutes after unplugging it from charging and with no usage it's already dropped to 95%. It seems to drop fairly fast from say 100% to 85% fast then slows down. I have only 2 apps in the background What's App and Instagram no NFC,GPS nothing else,only using 3G full signal at home. I drained it till it turned off and charged it up fully overnight on mains not wireless charger. But as soon as I unplugged it the % dropped to 98%. Does anyone know why this happens?? One other oddity is when it was at 4% battery it stayed that way for over an hour. Weird. Kind of reminds me of the poor battery life on the Galaxy S4 I once had

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
My first report is everything so far is perfect,except the battery life. But. This might be early software or just that it's needing a good run in. But it does worry me because less than 3 minutes after unplugging it from charging and with no usage it's already dropped to 95%. It seems to drop fairly fast from say 100% to 85% fast then slows down. I have only 2 apps in the background What's App and Instagram no NFC,GPS nothing else,only using 3G full signal at home. I drained it till it turned off and charged it up fully overnight on mains not wireless charger. But as soon as I unplugged it the % dropped to 98%. Does anyone know why this happens?? One other oddity is when it was at 4% battery it stayed that way for over an hour. Weird. Kind of reminds me of the poor battery life on the Galaxy S4 I once had

With lithium ion & lithium polymer, u must keep it topped up at all times.
Try to recharge once it falls to 50% capacity.
Never let lion or lipo drop to 4%!
Lions & lipos are different to the old NiCads & NiMH's which preferred to be fully discharged to prevent the memory effect...

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Tbh coming from the lg g2 I am quite disappointed with the battery life, I get up for work from 7 am and find it running out by 6pm with moderate to heavy use of a couple of hours of games, video watching, gps navigation, web browsing and whatsapp. My g2 would still be at 40-50%

Probably because the g2 has a 3000mah battery.

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
OK but why the hell has my battery just now dropped to 94% doing nothing on standby in the space of ten minutes right from being unplugged??

If you top it up at 50% "several times", it should hold on to the upper end of its voltage longer.

Unfortunately due to last year's Snapdragon 800's less efficient processor, and possibly due to the less efficient version of the amoled screen that Samsung sells to Nokia, the battery life of the Lumia 920 will never be that great..

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
So Nokia release a half baked product??

Yeah, I think so.
Might have something to do with selling to Microsoft.
Might just be balancing the budget with a cheaper old processor to pay for a more expensive amoled screen?

Can't wait for a so called "932" update to appear with the new processor in 6 months time...

sup3r1or

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Peter you know that by the time they release one with Snapdragon 801, all the competition will already release on new octa-core 64 bit processor. Which we will have to wait until Microsoft decides to patch the system again in a year time to allow for support.

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, Ms & Nokia must get their timing right.
Eg, last year's Sept 13 Galaxy Note 3 & Oct 13 Lumia 1520 both have good timing with the adoption of Snapdragon 800.
Now, Sep 14's all new Galaxy Note 4 & forthcoming Lumia 1525 said to both use 2014's Snapdragon 805, 3-4 GB RAM, & QHD 2k 5.7-6.0" screens!

2015's replacement for Lumia 930 must match 5" specs of both 2015's HTC One M9 & Samsung Galaxy 6!

Meantime, it is possible for Nokia to release an immediate "stop gap" that must be released by December this year at the half way mark, where they can simply drop a Snapdragon 801 into the existing 930 & call it a 931 update/facelift etc, before an all new model is released at the 12 month mark to take on 2015's HTC One M9 & Samsung's Galaxy 6...

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
My battery is pretty good as long as I have a charger handy. Got one in the car, one on my computer, one near the tv, one at work, one in the bedroom and the wireless battery pack.

Wahadinho

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Battery life good, better than my other phone: iph5S :)

Im planing to switch to l930 from 5s.

Can you do some comparison? My battery on my 5s is holding like 24h top, using tapatalk, instagram, viber, maybe 20mins of chrome. Most of background app turned off. Bluetooth always off.

Mostly if i go out i take off the charger at 10am and i need to put it back on charger around 00 or 1am

I just dont want to jump to lumia and get worse battery life comparing to 5s.

Also if you can do headphone (in ear) comparison i would be very grateful. I just want to know if lumia930 is not too quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb