Lumia 930 with W10M, camera got worse?

mrnorth123

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey!

Recently updated my phone to Win 10 Mobile fast ring, and noticed that the camera app seems to be producing worse images and is also a tad slower than compared to the same phone on 8.1. I also compared this pureview camera with the iphone 6, and I feel like the iphone produces "better" images much faster than the W10M 930 does. I do find the iphone 6 images having too heavy contrast and less details in overexposed areas, but for some reason the naked eye likes the iphone image better...

So, does anyone know if the W10M camera app is worse than Lumia Camera? When I updated it just said that the Lumia Camera app was discontinued and I shouldn't use it. Is this something I will get updates for in the future, like OS or firmware updates? As of right now, the iphone sure feels like a winner, aspecially in low light areas where I have trouble taking acceptable photos with everything set to auto, something the iphone 6 manages with no issues at all, and produces a picture that is acceptable for facebook.

The 930 and 950 has almost the same pureview/Zeiss optics, so there shouldn't be that much of a difference between them...

/S

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I've just returned to 8.1 and yes agree the camera is far nicer, produces better pictures, also the whole device is far more responsive than the wp 10 .36 fast ring, considering Microsoft are meant to be close to the finished update, this is worrying.

R3mis

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I think I have to agree here. I have a Lumia 930 too and the picture quality seems to got worse with Win 10. When taking photos, sometimes, the default app gets stuck with the "Just some final adjustments..." message and I can't zoom in on the pictures I' ve just taken.

I also agree with the responsiveness. The phone was far more responsive and ran smoother on 8.1. Not to mention battery life which was twice better than on the current .36 build. It is worrying indeed. So far Win 10 it's a disappointment for me.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
My 1520 and 640 XL are also facing the same problem with the photo quality. W10M camera is just bad as compared to the old Lumia camera.

mvdbosch90

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I've also updated my 930 to W10 two weeks ago and I've read about the decrease in camera performance... I have not really experienced this for myself though. I'm not that experienced in photography, and I've not yet gotten myself into shooting raw pictures, but as far as the JPG's go, I think the pictures still look great. In what way do you experience quality loss?
I do however notice that the gallery app is not that responsive indeed... It takes a few seconds before I can zoom in to my pictures...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usher2hell