Lumia 930 Wont turn on

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have been using a Lumia 930 for the past 14 months. Yesterday when I was charging the phone everything was working perfectly, but I came back a few minutes later and it appears the phone has died.

It refuses to turn on, with not even the captive Windows keys lighting up. I was using the genuine Nokia charger. I have tried everything from pressing the power button, a soft reset, and even a hard reset but absolutely nothing will prompt the phone to turn off. I have also attempted to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT), but it doesn't recognise my phone, even when I explicitly choose the option of 'My device wasn't recognised'.

I have been reading on the internet and it appears this issue has happened to others, but none of the solutions available online have solved the problem. I am at a loss as to what else I could do.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Regards,
Aaron Graham.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have been using a Lumia 930 for the past 14 months. Yesterday when I was charging the phone everything was working perfectly, but I came back a few minutes later and it appears the phone has died.

It refuses to turn on, with not even the captive Windows keys lighting up. I was using the genuine Nokia charger. I have tried everything from pressing the power button, a soft reset, and even a hard reset but absolutely nothing will prompt the phone to turn off. I have also attempted to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT), but it doesn't recognise my phone, even when I explicitly choose the option of 'My device wasn't recognised'.

I have been reading on the internet and it appears this issue has happened to others, but none of the solutions available online have solved the problem. I am at a loss as to what else I could do.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Regards,
Aaron Graham.

try this, some have recommended it: https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/42wsl6/psa_for_those_whose_windows_device_recovery_tool/

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
luckily, it is easy on that phone to replace either the battery or the usb board. I am wondering if your battery bit the farm.

how do you feel about opening it up to replace those items?

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I took the rear cover of this morning and removed the battery. I then connected my phone to a 2A charger and left it to turn. The Windows logo kept flashing but eventually it turned on, with a reading of 2% for the battery life. This is rather peculiar because it was in the high 60's when I had it on the charger before it turned off.

I will monitor the situation and report back in a few days if everything is ok.

Regards,
Aaron Graham.

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
My phone has stopped working this morning again.

I would be prepared to try installing a new battery. Where would I go about obtaining one and are there any instructions on installing it?

Regards,
Aaron Graham.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Aaron - where are you located? I have a few lying around - PM if you're interested, and we can work something out.

Also - it takes a T5 screwdriver to open it up. It's easy to do, but you need that. I might have a spare one of those around also.

If you want a new one, look at all the usual places like ebay, fonejoy, and i'm sure many others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo