Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

Luz0

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Anyone tried bluetooth speakers with mic. I got a chinese one and when it connects voice after audio, i have no audio. So i can listen the speakers at every paring for around 3 sec. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks, Pete

zorbabic

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950
Version 1511
10.0.10586.0/29

1. Alarm
When you open the details of an alarm you've set, or create a new alarm, it's not possible to preview the ?Default? alarm sound.
The "Default" sound is listed, yet when you want to change this setting you can quick select ?Vibrate only? or pick from your music or from ringtones. If you select the ringtone option all the sounds are displayed with the preview play in front of the name, EXCEPT the top option which is ?Use default? (which you can?t preview). Note the sounds at the very bottom (after alarm 6): Ahead of Time, Archipelago, Beep Alarm, Birds in the Woods, Clokkastrophe, Early Chill, Epic Day, Lumia Clock, Riverbank Dawn, and Torchbearer.
If you go to
Settings -> Personalization -> Sounds -> Manage App Sounds or
Settings -> System -> Notifications and Actions
and select Alarm & Clock, the Notification sound once again says ?Default? without the option to preview it! So where is this mythical Default sound? Also, the sounds I mentioned previously (which were available directly in the Alarm app) are not available here.
Checked, and turns out this is wrong: Also, the alarm volume is controlled by Media + Apps slider and not by the Ringer + Notifications slider. So if you silence the Media + Apps before sleep, you won?t hear the alarm!

2. Pressing ?at? performs paste
Don?t know how to recreate this one, but happened a couple of times. Quite frustrating if you?re trying to write an email address, and when you press ?at?, a paste is performed with whatever you have in the clipboard.
Changing the language on the keyboard got rid of this one. Interestingly, the only connection I can find is that I use the Croatian keyboard which (on a desktop) has the ?at? on the AltGr + V (which is basically Ctrl + Alt + V), and paste is just Ctrl + V.

3. Automatic update + SIM PIN
Automatic update schedules a restart at 3:00 in the morning. On restart, the phone gets stuck at the SIM PIN input screen, which in turn disables the phone until you enter the PIN (in the morning).

4. SIM PIN
When starting your phone, if you cancel the PIN input, it?s hard to get the phone to ask you the SIM PIN again. Back in WP8.1 the SIM PIN entry was displayed if you started the Phone app, but now when you start the Phone app it actually starts, but doesn?t ask for the SIM PIN (the Dial pad is displayed). It does say ?PIN required? on the top, but nowhere to enter it. Dialling even a single digit finally brings up the SIM PIN entry.

5. Conversations (skype images)
Images sent via Skype are not displayed. ?Unsupported content in this message? is displayed (even though the image is stored in the cloud and displaying it is trivial).

6. Calendar
The calendar live tile has reverted to WP8 look with all the text on the tile being the same size. WP8.1 had the day and date justified to the right, and the date in double the size font for easier readout.

7. Calendar view
The month view has again reverted to the WP8 look with the screen split, and the month view on the top and the details on the bottom. WP8.1 had a clearer month display, especially if you have multiple calendars.

8. Lock screen + weather
Weather is no longer available as a lock screen. My picture, Sample images, Bing and Twitter are the only options. Can?t understand why weather is not an option. There is an option to use weather as a quick status, but allegedly that one only displays when there?s a weather warning. It is possible to show weather as a detailed status though, but I have the calendar there.

9. Maps
HERE trinity is still missing from the store, and with it all the Favourites saved within them. Not possible to import the Favourites from HERE to the built in Maps app.

10. Restoring from OneDrive backup
If you DON?T enter your Microsoft account when initializing the 950, there is no way to restore from the backup later. When you later enter the MS account, the device won?t ask to restore from a backup. Additionally, if your device name is the same as your last backup, your old backup will be overwritten. Bye, bye backup.

11. Screen + Touch
There is a significant delay when swiping left from the start screen to the Apps, but this might be a ?cosmetic delay?. I?ve found the screen response in Maps (especially when multitouch is used) is horrible.

12. Maps multitouch mess
When moving two fingers up/down, the map should just tilt up and down. Instead it?s combining the up/down and (slight) left/right to rotate as well, making a jittery mess. If (general) up/down motion is used, only tilting should occur.

13. Camera
Adding the finishing touches? Nuff said.

Last edited:

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm reading two Borg vessels. Make that three. Four. No, five. Fifteen Borg vessels
My God...

15. If you set automatic brightness on and after that you try to manually change the brightness level in the settings bar, the device freezes.

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
as of this afternoon my 950 stopped making sounds when i got a text
i did reset
didnt work
i went to notifications, changed sound to default, reset worked for a little bit
but now i am back to no sound when getting text.
wth
i have changed nothing with this phone all week
dont get it
so buggy
love it
but dang

Are you sure that you have not got your quiet hours settings? I was messing around with settings and changed the setting for when quiet hrs kicked in..

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm reading two Borg vessels. Make that three. Four. No, five. Fifteen Borg vessels
My God...

15. If you set automatic brightness on and after that you try to manually change the brightness level in the settings bar, the device freezes.

Yes , same issue - so not just your device.

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
17. flow keyboard does not work on edge search

18. mail app rendering of emails is a complete mess - often people are prone to exaggerating but not here. Its the worst rendering of email I have ever seen. Worse than early days of dial up internet and basic browsers.

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
17. flow keyboard does not work on edge search

18. mail app rendering of emails is a complete mess - often people are prone to exaggerating but not here. Its the worst rendering of email I have ever seen. Worse than early days of dial up internet and basic browsers.

I have this same problem. I often have to shrink the size of the email message so that I can fit the entire message on the screen.

jayramphone

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have this same problem. I often have to shrink the size of the email message so that I can fit the entire message on the screen.

Apparently the mail app uses Word to render the email and it has all sorts of problems with high dpi screens. Its 'normal' for the phone unfortunately (or any high dpi phone using windows). One can only hope that Microsoft fix this soon as update to use proper rendering tools.

geodan7

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Miracast Wireless with Lumia 950, stuttering

I've noticed (and confirmed that at least one other person is having this issue) that there is an issue with miracast wireless video playback with my Lumia 950. I am connecting wirelessly to a NetGear PTV3000 hooked up to my TV. The Lumia Icon can wirelessly playback the same video very smoothly, but the Lumia 950 stutters...both on the phone screen and on the TV. These videos are various formats, but not streaming, they're just large video files on my device...streaming via continuum is just as bad as screen mirroring.

Luckily I have another streaming device that supports DLNA streaming, (a western digital HD live or whatever)...so I have been playing my videos using the Lumia PlayTo app.

Still though it sucks that I upgraded my phone, thinking that it would do everything better...only to find that it's a step back. hoping it's a windows 10 mobile issue and that they can push a fix.

erichuyn

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Allow another device to turn on mobile hotspot does not seem to work? When I'm in that menu screen it seems to work but when the device is standby and I switch on my TomTom Rider 400 for example it tries to connect but then fail because of the lack of data connectivity.
On Android or iOS this option isn't even there, you just turn on the personal hotspot and when my TomTom connect's the data part just works automatically.

anybody else have something like that? Version is 10586.36

LumiaLenz

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
IMG-20151225-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20151225-WA0004.jpg

Hey guys, so as you can see my issue is that the camera lens of my front facing camera is NOT in the center, which is really irritating when looking at it. The pictures from it are fine otherwise, I even went to the store in order to compare the quality of the front facing cameras, but to my surprise the displayed 950 in store had the same flaw, although it was not as displaced as mine. For a phone of this price, and any other phone of course I expect nothing but perfection regarding manufacturing, and since attention to detail is important to me I was considering switching the phone since it's clearly a manufacturing mistake.
But then on the other side I was thinking, that so far I don't really have any severe issues with the phone, (unlike many other users) and I wouldn't want my new, exchanged phone to be defect or faulty in some kind. I don't know what you guys think about this but it seems that the probability receiving a faulty phone is much higher with these new Lumias, seeing the amount of complaint about this phone and that many people are returning/exchanging them. What do you guys think?

tfn

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Fixes , Solutions - Check Here

Hi Guys

So I thought I would make a post so we have one place to find all the solutions in one place so please post any solutions you find in the comments below and I will update here ..

1 ] Camera Red Eye Problem Fix - Apparently the red is caused due to the eye iris not prepared for the flash hence showing the inner red of the eye as the pupil is fully open.. the only way to close the pupil down is to do a pre flash to prepare the eye pupil to close down so here is the fix.

Camera > Settings > Focus Light > Use Flash Settings

2 ] Phone Hangs During an Update eg. .36 update Fix - Right this happened to me and lots of people suggest you reset the phone but in my case I just tried a simple reboot /Restart and it worked fine from there.

Always try Restarting / Rebooting your Phone
or
Do a Reset

3 ] Camera Temporarily stuck on 'Saving' when 6 or more photos are taken Quickly - Ok this one will happen when Rich Capture is on as its doing its thing.

Turn Rich Capture Off
or
Try not to take quick succession of photos when Rich Capture is on

Last edited:

microsoftsick

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey! Someone telling me there's a bug in lumia 950, if you try camera set 8mp jpg + 16mp dgn,after take the picture try at preview there delete,then in again the album there will be a black space,need to delete again. Set 16mp jpg that would not have this problem.

Tubbcze

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys! Does anyone use 950 as car navigation? I have swithed from android phone and today ride with Maps (HERE?) was terrible in matter of smoothnes I found Maps interface very (VERY - looks like 5-10fps) laggy in scrolling, howewer map autoscaling is smooth which is veird, can someone please confirm this or post any solution?

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys! Does anyone use 950 as car navigation? I have swithed from android phone and today ride with Maps (HERE?) was terrible in matter of smoothnes I found Maps interface very (VERY - looks like 5-10fps) laggy in scrolling, howewer map autoscaling is smooth which is veird, can someone please confirm this or post any solution?

I found the same problem with the navigation. I rely very much on the navigation system. Voice is accurate, but the screen tends to freeze up often. Don't understand it either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes