Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, my new 950 (which arrived at lunch time) is going to be winging it's way back to AT&T as soon as my warranty replacement one shows up. Hopefully the replacement will arrive tomorrow, since I will be out of the country all of next week.
Basically, the internal phone speaker does not work. On a phone call, the other person can hear me okay, but I cannot hear the other person. If I put them on speaker phone, their voice comes through the external speaker. So seems to be a hardware issue specific to my phone's internal speaker.
Well, if I don't get my replacement by tomorrow, I guess I'm just going to have very public phone calls all of next week.

Aschmano

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I own a L930 with defected 2nd mic and it seems that L950 has mic/speaker issues also, what's wrong with MS?
Some reviews are saying no FM radio on L950 😐

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
There was a build released today to Insiders upping that to 10586.11. Also, Mail and Calendar has been updated two times in the last few days. Update that, and try again.

I believe the linked inboxes were removed in another update today or yesterday as the first update was causing problems.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
so 2 apps, treasure tag and lumia offers, are "blocked due to company policy"

not using any work account, and not connected to an exchange server...

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there is somethign wrong with my Lumia 950 5Ghz Wifi....I was waiting for my pictures to upload to onedrive, but noticed my WiFi icon kept disappearing. When I went into WiFi settings it kept saying "no networks found." This happened about 3 separate times, and always after i had already added a 5Ghz network. Doing a soft reset would fix the problem temporarily, only for the same issue to happen again. The apps I was in during this issue was the photo apps and the onedrive settings and onedrive app. I switched to 2.4Ghz with same security settings, and it seems to be fine. Please test your 5Ghz connections and let us know if you have problems as well. I'm using a Asus RT-AC87U fwiw.

Not sure if this is your issue but on my 1520 I could not access the 5 GHz band when the phone was in airplane mode with wifi turned on. I had to have the cellular antenna activated at the same time to access 5 GHz. Very maddening. Took me hours to figure that one out.

Sai KV

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Phone: Microsoft Lumia 950
OS Build: 10.0.10586.0
Version: 1511

I love this phone. I came from a Lumia 1520 which is a huge jump size wise but i love this phone. It is nice, pretty, ultra fast and responsive. I am totally digging the Windows Hello (Beta). Great phone over all! One of the best Windows Phones I have ever owned.
Errors/Issues Below:
  1. Xbox app is getting 0x87DD0005 error "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live".....I am using my MSA that i use with my XBox One. all of the help topics for this issue wont work or dont exist. (I have already rebooted the phone several times and checked for App Updates).
  2. Apps Lumia Help+Tips and Advance Info wont update with 0x803F8006. Everything else has updated without issue. (I have already rebooted the phone several times and checked for App Updates).
  3. in trying to see if the above issues could be resolved by going to the next build via Windows Insider I tried installing Insider Fast Configuration wihch fails with 0x800b010a.

I dont have issues with XBOX app, but have the other two issues. Tried Soft and Hard Reset, no use.

sperry1625

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Phone: Microsoft Lumia 950
OS Build: 10.0.10586.0
Version: 1511

I love this phone. I came from a Lumia 1520 which is a huge jump size wise but i love this phone. It is nice, pretty, ultra fast and responsive. I am totally digging the Windows Hello (Beta). Great phone over all! One of the best Windows Phones I have ever owned.
Errors/Issues Below:
  1. Xbox app is getting 0x87DD0005 error "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live".....I am using my MSA that i use with my XBox One. all of the help topics for this issue wont work or dont exist. (I have already rebooted the phone several times and checked for App Updates).
  2. Apps Lumia Help+Tips and Advance Info wont update with 0x803F8006. Everything else has updated without issue. (I have already rebooted the phone several times and checked for App Updates).
  3. in trying to see if the above issues could be resolved by going to the next build via Windows Insider I tried installing Insider Fast Configuration wihch fails with 0x800b010a.

I am having the exact same problems. I just tried a hard reset with no change. I hope this can be fixed. And if they do, with update not working how do we get the update.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
so 2 apps, treasure tag and lumia offers, are "blocked due to company policy"

not using any work account, and not connected to an exchange server...

once the store app updated, the error changed to "not compatible with your device. still waiting for txt messages to finish syncing back. noticed a few games did not sync their data back, oh well, my Windows Phone 7 games are playable again!!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there is somethign wrong with my Lumia 950 5Ghz Wifi....I was waiting for my pictures to upload to onedrive, but noticed my WiFi icon kept disappearing. When I went into WiFi settings it kept saying "no networks found." This happened about 3 separate times, and always after i had already added a 5Ghz network. Doing a soft reset would fix the problem temporarily, only for the same issue to happen again. The apps I was in during this issue was the photo apps and the onedrive settings and onedrive app. I switched to 2.4Ghz with same security settings, and it seems to be fine. Please test your 5Ghz connections and let us know if you have problems as well. I'm using a Asus RT-AC87U fwiw.

Side note: Is it just my photo-taking skills or the fact i came from a 1020, but MAN!, definitely not impressed with the picture quality so far :( However, I can take pictures incredibly fast compared to the 1020.

How do you know which wifi frequency you're on and how do you change it?

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is your issue but on my 1520 I could not access the 5 GHz band when the phone was in airplane mode with wifi turned on. I had to have the cellular antenna activated at the same time to access 5 GHz. Very maddening. Took me hours to figure that one out.

Unfortunately that's not my problem, but until now I didn't know you could turn on individual connections after turning on airplane mode...thanks for the tip!

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
How do you know which wifi frequency you're on and how do you change it?

I have my 2.4 and 5ghz named differently so I can distinguish between them. Judging by a quick glance in the Windows 10 wifi setting there's no other way to tell what frequency the connection uses.

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Side note: Is it just my photo-taking skills or the fact i came from a 1020, but MAN!, definitely not impressed with the picture quality so far :( However, I can take pictures incredibly fast compared to the 1020.

An update on my WiFi problem. I've confirmed 2.4Ghz is fine on my ASUS router. I switched routers to a linksys and found that 5Ghz is fine, but the linksys is 802.11N while the ASUS is 802.11AC. I'm going to check the ASUS UI to see if I can filter out 802.11AC and just use it for 802.11N. Stay tuned...

Not related to WiFi issue but... Picked up my phone this morning after a couple days of use and man it was really laggy! I turned off some background apps and mad everything was shut off...also cleared all my browser cache but only a reboot fixed it. Even just wiping to all apps was delayed quite a bit. Really like windows phone UI, ever since the inspiration from ZuneHD but i'm running out of patience (and I've had a lot of it coming from a Samsung Focus WP7). If anyone is wondering what the phone lag felt like, try using Edge for Window 10 for desktops...

ymcpa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I believe that is related to the linked inbox update. They have pulled that update now. Check updates to the apps in the store and see if that fixes the problem.

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I believe that is related to the linked inbox update. They have pulled that update now. Check updates to the apps in the store and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will report back when I update the WiFi issue.

gke565

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950, ATT, OS: 10.0.10586.0 ver 1511

Has anyone had a OneDrive issue with photos? I opened OneDrive, went to a photo folder and opened a picture. The function keys (back, home, search) disappeared and I cannot get them back. I can swipe left/right to next photos, and bring up details (i) and delete the photo or send feedback (which I have done!). The only way I can get out of it is to swipe down from the top and go to All Settings and use the home key from there. Thing is I need to get to a file in OneDrive, but if I re-launch the app it goes right back to the last photo.

Ticomfreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
An update on my WiFi problem. I've confirmed 2.4Ghz is fine on my ASUS router. I switched routers to a linksys and found that 5Ghz is fine, but the linksys is 802.11N while the ASUS is 802.11AC. I'm going to check the ASUS UI to see if I can filter out 802.11AC and just use it for 802.11N. Stay tuned...

Not related to WiFi issue but... Picked up my phone this morning after a couple days of use and man it was really laggy! I turned off some background apps and mad everything was shut off...also cleared all my browser cache but only a reboot fixed it. Even just wiping to all apps was delayed quite a bit. Really like windows phone UI, ever since the inspiration from ZuneHD but i'm running out of patience (and I've had a lot of it coming from a Samsung Focus WP7). If anyone is wondering what the phone lag felt like, try using Edge for Window 10 for desktops...

I've heard some people having issues with Edge but it works perfectly for me, much smoother than FF or Chrome. Especially on low end computers.

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I've heard some people having issues with Edge but it works perfectly for me, much smoother than FF or Chrome. Especially on low end computers.

Graphic intensive sites are the only problem for me. Si.com usually causes me a lot of grief, let me know how that works on machines if you can.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb