Lumia 950 XL appears with yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 950 XL appears with yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager in Windows 10 and Windows appears to be unable to find a driver for it. How is this supposed to work?

Andrew Brehm

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
dm.png

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
As an optional method, go to Control Panel (Win+X+P). Under Hardware and Sound, click "View devices and printers". On the page, if you see your phone listed with the exclamation mark, click on the phone, and in the bar above, click "Remove device". After that unplug your phone from the computer and plug it back again. Let the drivers install afresh.

This might also help you. I had done this with my phone and it fixed the same issue as yours.

Andrew Brehm

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
As an optional method, go to Control Panel (Win+X+P). Under Hardware and Sound, click "View devices and printers". On the page, if you see your phone listed with the exclamation mark, click on the phone, and in the bar above, click "Remove device". After that unplug your phone from the computer and plug it back again. Let the drivers install afresh.

This might also help you. I had done this with my phone and it fixed the same issue as yours.

As I said, I have done that several times. The problem is that it does not find the drivers, not that it won't try to install them.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo