lumia 950xl or samsung s6 or samsung s7 which one should i buy?

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
i like windows....i'm okay with bad quality apps compare to android or ios.........problem is i saw many reviews which says Lumia950xl is not optimised,it's slow compare to S7/S6/iphone 6S,only bright feature continuum(dont know whether it will be useful to mee) another problem it looks like microsoft doesnt care about these devices or WM10.....i used S3,L535,L730,L1020,L930(special edition)..i'm confused whether to invest on windows or not ?..please suggest.

primuxprimux

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 950Xl ...slow ?? .. I do not know, i have lumia 950 .... Yes , in starting it heats alot , not working too much smooth....but after update ....really ....it become awesome ,,, and now apps becoming good and continumm is best for use ....the quality of this phone is really awesome ....

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
When I got 950XL in december, I was really pissed off. So much money for a great HW with beta SW. But now after all updates I think that 950XL is worth its current price and if you are used to windows phone, just go for it.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Slow?? You need to see RS1 on it! I'd rather an XL than some fashion statement bendy thing, with buttons that run away and a screen that cracks if you talk to loud! I'd rather an XL than anything Samsung keeps rehashing, that's full of bloat and needs decent hardware just to keep the OS from stuttering, or even a stupid curved screen.....I'd go with another OEM if I had to..i.e... OnePlus, Huawei etc

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'd go with the 950XL as well.

The ONLY thing that might make me consider the S7, is that carriers are (very slowly) starting to enabled WiFi calling/texting in the US, on non-iOS devices, primarily Samsung to start.

I really wish MS had done a better job working with carriers, or that carriers weren't so short-sighted, or both...

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
yea I find Samsung boring as well and I would def. go with the 950XL with all the latest updates this phone is a JOY to use and what it SHOULD of been when first released... I just bought a nice black back cover with no wireless charging but for like only $2 bucks so I'm not charging my phone as much and with the latest update my phone only goes down to like 82% overnight and the morning... WAY BETTER than early win10 release.... with WIN10 and redstone and I'm thinking of getting the HP elite X3 phone when it comes out... that is one sexy and powerful phone!

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
To be fair, youre asking on a Windows forum. That said, the phone is great IMO. Not the best initial rollout, or even anything since. But as far as MS not caring about mobile, sooo tired of hearing that. The next update, RS2, will be almost entirely based around the mobile platform. This is just the beginning for 10mobile, and they have stated this over and over. The layoffs are just that, layoffs. They bought a phone company and employed a phone division that, through no fault of everyone laid off, failed miserably. They are now being ran by the Surface team. Which tech media seems to never want to mention, only poke fun of a dwindling market share of a product that isn't even advertised anymore. How many gadgets with zero advertising are going to sell? Hell the MS Stores don't even push the platform outside a hand full of demo devices. A team making portable devices that people actually buy is heading up phones now. So, I feel pretty darn safe in the platform for a few years.

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
thanks for every one :) got Lumia 950XL at last....screen is big but mobile is small dont know how or why, maybe because of removal of capacitive keys...right now i'm kind of like it..WP_20160802_23_49_53_Pro.jpg

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd never buy another 950XL unless I could pick one up used for $250 or less.
I just wan't impressed. I sold mine and went with a galaxy s7 edge soon to get the note 7. My s7e is going to my wife.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12