Lumia Black Update Official thread India for 720

Amit Lumia 720

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 720 Black Update India (Updated rolled out 31-01-2014)

Hello
Hi

Dear All Nokia Lumia 720 Users,

As i own one of them, just now date-31-01-2014, From India, Time : 12.00 Noon pm, i updated my Nokia Lumia 720 from Amber to Black.

Its really nice, awesome, just to inform all users, kindly check your Lumia 720 Devices update has came, so do update. See pictures (screenshots).

Few things to keep in notice:

Update time will take : 45 to 60 mins
Min phone memory req. : more than 1GB

Thanks Nokia

Thanks Microsoft

Happy Updating

Thank you all

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am updating Lumia 720 but after downloading it stuck at 100% install, what to do?? it start downloading update as phone restart

Last edited:

Santhosh L720

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Driving mode: Enabling this will 1. Reject calls and(or) texts while driving. 2. Auto replies to calls and texts while driving.

But I gets enabled only when connected to a bluetooth device.. I am confused "why"....??

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Driving mode: Enabling this will 1. Reject calls and(or) texts while driving. 2. Auto replies to calls and texts while driving.

But I gets enabled only when connected to a bluetooth device.. I am confused "why"....??

I think you didn't get the concept. Driving mode is turned on when connected to a car using Bluetooth. Actually just about most bluetooth devices as a matter of fact. Its not like flight mode that one just turns it on and enjoy the benefits.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I think you didn't get the concept. Driving mode is turned on when connected to a car using Bluetooth. Actually just about most bluetooth devices as a matter of fact. Its not like flight mode that one just turns it on and enjoy the benefits.

ok. i was under some different impression.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
NEW IN BLACK UPDATE​
check your data sense now its really amazing
in black update we can restrict background data always or when near my limit and also in roaming, very cool feature via DATA SENSE.

in update one option is also gone tell me when update is available
in ringtones + sounds one more option is also gone

Last edited:

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone else get a bump in thier battery life after the black update? My 720 now says 1Day 9Hrs 9Mins stanby after black. On Amber it was just 1Day 2Hrs and 4Hrs maximum which used to drain like hell :

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I too think that the battery has somewhat increased, it may be too early to say but atleast till now seems good, and btw the DTTW doesnt eat battery at all, its far better than glance.
Did anyone else get a bump in thier battery life after the black update? My 720 now says 1Day 9Hrs 9Mins stanby after black. On Amber it was just 1Day 2Hrs and 4Hrs maximum which used to drain like hell :

Paras Trikha

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I too think that the battery has somewhat increased, it may be too early to say but atleast till now seems good, and btw the DTTW doesnt eat battery at all, its far better than glance.

are you sure dttw doesnt use battery coz someone told me that it uses up almst 10-15% battery bcoz it needs sensor to be awake all time????

Anup256j

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Camera Picture quality is bit improved after black update. Better than amber update which deteriorated picture quality.

Anyone noticed any other changes apart from usual ones's.?

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
IF you switch on DTTW, you will see around 1 hour of less abck up, and I dont think thats too much , I just love the feature. No need to press button again and again.
are you sure dttw doesnt use battery coz someone told me that it uses up almst 10-15% battery bcoz it needs sensor to be awake all time????

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Data Sense had a few add ons for roaming , the option to close app via X button is great. Custom ringtones are good. I will be hard resetting my phone soon for sure.
Camera Picture quality is bit improved after black update. Better than amber update which deteriorated picture quality.

Anyone noticed any other changes apart from usual ones's.?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital