Lumia Cyan Update - Backup Restore Issue After Update

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

So we're all probably pretty much busy with updating our Lumia Handsets with the Cyan update. How's it going for you?

I rolled back my DP to 8.0 and updated just fine, however after resetting the phone and setting it up by telling it to restore it from the backup, it gets stuck around at 25% and fails to move ahead. I keep getting a message after a while saying that the restore process is taking unusually long and if I'd like to skip restoring instead. After waiting for approx. 30 mins once, and then doing it again and waiting for almost an hour, I've now initiated a reset on the phone a third time.

Is anyone else having issues restoring from their backup? (Note: I moved to 8.0 from DP last week and then updated to 8.1 DP again and did a restore then and it had worked perfectly at the time without issues. So I'm wondering if it may be a final/cyan issue?)

Regards.
Salman Khalid.

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Update: The third attempt turned out to be the charm. It went through smoothly this time, barely stayed at 25% for a few seconds...

Regards.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
i actually faced the same issue. it took me the only the 2nd time though to successfully restore my phone.. it was one of those most scariest time of the update procedure knowing you might go and redo everything again :)

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
i actually faced the same issue. it took me the only the 2nd time though to successfully restore my phone.. it was one of those most scariest time of the update procedure knowing you might go and redo everything again :)

Yes!!! It freaked me out... Especially since i loved the way i had my tiles set at the moment and didnt have the memory to set them all in the same manner again! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6