Lumia woes.

gravitywell

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I broke my white 900, Asurion replaced it with a Cyan. I've had the Cyan for about 4 days. I went out of town this weekend. On the way home, I was using the headphone port with an Aux cable to listen to slacker. I had a bluetooth connected to talk. While talking to a friend, the bluetooth started to die. So I turned it off (The BT) and the phone was still connected, but the person couldn't hear me. I eventually pulled over to troubleshoot. The phone is still detecting something is in the headphone jack. It thinks it's hooked up. i ran Angry Birds (for the annoying music.) Nothing played, but as soon as I hooked the Aux cable to the phone, I heard AB theme music playing through my truck speakers. I've power cycled the phone. I tried a dot of alcohol to clean the port. I've power cycled again. Nothing works. Any suggestions? Is there a way to just disable the headphone port? I'll have to call Asurion in the morning, but it'll be a few days until I get yet another replacement.

gravitywell

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I've blown in it with my mouth. I don't have any canned air atm. I have a small compressor at work I can try tomorrow. I was hoping there was a dialer command to disable it.

gravitywell

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I ran the Nokia Diagnostics App, and when I goto Headset, it says I'm connected. Obviously, this is incorrect. I just wanted to reiterate the fact that my headphone port thinks it's plugged in, when it's not.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you turned BT off?

Perhaps you could also try hooking everything back up and then turning it all off as you normally would.

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I've blown in it with my mouth. I don't have any canned air atm. I have a small compressor at work I can try tomorrow. I was hoping there was a dialer command to disable it.

Be careful using canned air or a compressor to clean out your phone (or any other device), as you'll often end up just forcing crap further into the phone, especially in between the screen and case. I'd only use compressed air in a scenario where the crap you're trying to blow out can easily escape (air vents, etc), or if you've taken the covers off of a device and it can vent.

I'm not trying to lecture you or anything, obviously it's your phone and you can do what you want! ;)

Just a word of warning is all. From the fault description anyway, it sounds like more of a logic problem than a physical one. I've noticed WP does seem to get "stuck" after something has confused it. I had it quite a lot on my old Omnia 7 where I had to do full resets because it would screw the volume up after a call taken while music was being played.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Be careful using canned air or a compressor to clean out your phone (or any other device), as you'll often end up just forcing crap further into the phone, especially in between the screen and case. I'd only use compressed air in a scenario where the crap you're trying to blow out can easily escape (air vents, etc), or if you've taken the covers off of a device and it can vent.

Good advice! You don't want to make things worse. Canned air is usually fine, I'd be more careful with a compressor.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa