Mail & Calender

Darren Deighton

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Recently there has been lots of article, on what?s new for Windows 10 for it?s anniversary update. Is there anything new for the mail, and calendar apps? They could also do with some development. And more bug fixes. I often get fake notifications. Saying there?s an unread email in a folder. Also it could do with, the sweep function. And the block/phishing option for junk mail.
Ms seem to push you to use the app. But then upgrade the web version, with better features. So I find myself drawn back, to using Outlook.com or Gmail(2nd account) back through the browser.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Recently there has been lots of article, on what’s new for Windows 10 for it’s anniversary update. Is there anything new for the mail, and calendar apps? They could also do with some development. And more bug fixes. I often get fake notifications. Saying there’s an unread email in a folder. Also it could do with, the sweep function. And the block/phishing option for junk mail.
Ms seem to push you to use the app. But then upgrade the web version, with better features. So I find myself drawn back, to using Outlook.com or Gmail(2nd account) back through the browser.

I got these but they are for mobile which I'm sure are also reflected for pc:

Outlook Mail and Calendar
  • Added ability to turn off message preview text
  • Added "Move to Junk" option in context menu
  • Added "I'll be late" button in meeting notifications

Check full list here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-insider-preview/429312-what-changes-new-features-redstone-builds.html#post3510299

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm amazed they still haven't added the ability to write/reply to emails with aliases... they added the functionnality with bells and whistles and yet none of the mobile apps or the Windows 10 app supports it...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm amazed they still haven't added the ability to write/reply to emails with aliases... they added the functionnality with bells and whistles and yet none of the mobile apps or the Windows 10 app supports it...

how many people use that? I don't even know what aliases are for :grincry:

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
how many people use that? I don't even know what aliases are for :grincry:

I don't know how many people use it but those are readily available on Gmail who is their biggest competitor and, usually, one should be on par with its competitors which is something MS is not good at which helped keep Windows Mobile in irrelevancy for the general public.

I'm no longuer using MS services because of this as I use Gmail as my email client. So when I need to reply with my professionnal address I can. Same on my phone. As long as this isn't there I can't use outlook.com. If they bring that one day the, even if I'm on Android now, I will probably switch back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb