Matador TV show features lots of Microsoft products

TachyonicCargo

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Matador is a fictional television program on the El Rey network, which follows the exploits of Tony Bravo, an undercover agent posing as a pro soccer player as his cover to infiltrate a criminal organization using a fictitious MLS team as a front.

Besides being a surprisingly good show for something so low budget, Windows Phones fans should be interested in Matador, as the show exists in a fictional world where every phone is a Windows Phone, every tablet is a Surface, and every computer runs Windows. In the nine episodes of Matador that I have seen so far, I have seen just about every model of Lumia make an appearance for some on screen time. Needless to say, Microsoft is a big sponsor for the show; either that, or show runners, Roberto Orci, and Alex Kurtzman, are huge Windows Phone fans.

Even though it is all fiction, can you imagine living in that nirvana, a world where Windows Phones, and Surface tablets are as commonplace, as Android phones, and iPads are in the real world? Well, for one hour every Tuesday evening, you can. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/MatadorElRey
Matador (U.S. TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

TachyonicCargo

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I simply meant, that new networks usually take a few years to get picked up by all cable/satellite carriers. And with El Rey being so new, that it has not been out long enough to have been vetted, evaluated, and get picked up by every carrier.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I simply meant, that new networks usually take a few years to get picked up by all cable/satellite carriers. And with El Rey being so new, that it has not been out long enough to have been vetted, evaluated, and get picked up by every carrier.

Hopefully more carriers will pick them up. It sounds like they have some good shows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz