Messaging issue 10149!!

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You probably need to manually set the apn, I had to do that to get MMS back up and running. I Googled the settings for my carrier and then added them to the device.

mat_maxi

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I realy hate to this issue, finally i got hard reset and now my L1320 receive/sent messaging normally. maybe u should try this

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You rolled back to 8.1 and your SMS is still out of order? That is unusual. But to get to apn in 8.1, Settings-->Network + wireless-->cellular +SIM -->touch SIM settings at the bottom, and look for the settings at the bottom of that page. Your carrier should be able to give you the correct parameters.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah same thing happens to me, but randomly. Ill be getting text fine, then a few hours later I don't receive any text, so i reset my phone and BAM bunch of old texts come in

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
same happened to me... but i stopped getting messages friday evening, and only realised on monday. (i thought wow, what a peaceful weekend :D )
than when i restarted the phone i didn't get my old messages :/
that's why i rolled back. waiting for the new version since :) although i like my L920 having more than a day of battery on 8.1!

kkjmit

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm also facing the same issue. I downgraded to W8.1 from build 10080 and again upgraded to build 10149. Still facing the sms bug. Waiting for another build.

Pedro Castanheira

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, but now it's fixed.
What I did was installing the Extras+Info from the store and then reset the phone. Not Hard reset, just a simple shutdown. When the phone got up again, I got this messaging saying something like 'Welcome to Cyan...". Since then, all messaging was been working perfectly.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Have this same problem with Lumia 640 on T-mo. Extras + Info is already installed, still not working. Gonna have to roll back to 8.1

Pedro Castanheira

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just can't remember if I update the Extras+Info from the old Store or the new one (Beta) but I'm almost certain that I did it in the old Store. Look for Extras+Info and installed/updated it. After the update the phone asked for a reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion