messaging + skype apps battery drain on windows 10 mobile?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that many people have been talking about how the messaging + skype apps have been causing lots a battery drain and taking up a high percentage in battery saver. Even I had issues when the apps were first released but now they are default. Since I had terrible battery life (10 hours minimum on 8.1 to 4/5 hours on windows 10) I decided to stop the skype integration by logging out of the skype video app and guess what, battery life is actually back to normal. Have other people had the same results or am I just lucky?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Have other people had the same results or am I just lucky?

Would like to hear from others as well :) but from what I've read, disconnecting really helped out a few. Others just disconnected because they felt like they were forced into this "unholy marriage" hehe

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Great concept. I actually like the merger into a single app. But I too, ran into huge battery drain. Once I uncoupled Skype, and installed the standalone Skype app, the phone is finally lasting as long as it did on WP8.1.

Vladimir Ka

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
It is still worth it for people who actually use Skype often.
My batter drain is not too bad, but it is kind of annoying to use when in a hurry.
When trying to call someone from the "History" section, and their contact has both Skype and mobile, you have to read small font "Skype video" or "Mobile", etc..

It would be nice if distinction was more noticeable..

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the latest 14283 RS1 build and I am experiencing the same issue. Normally I'd disconnect it and not think twice about it and go back to the old 8.1 Skype app but it's getting really long in the tooth now.

This time I'm going to leave it on for an extended period to see if this is related to trying to sync ALL my skype history and messages. My account is used a LOT for work so there are thousands upon thousands of messages it may be trying to pull in over the course of the past few years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6