Messenger crashing after 14322

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Or read the release notes before posting about something they(Microsoft) TOLD YOU was broken. And saying a build "sucks" due to a social messaging app not working wreaks of abusing the true intent of the Insider program.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
sorry can't find the news where they said messenger would be broken... and I searched hard!

There's no news, that's personal experience, testing on-the-field and dozens forum posts in the past :(.
That's happened to me once on my old 520, random installation error, pretty little like on desktops.
The funny things my Messages was perfect during my build testing last evening

Last edited:

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I've reinstalled, hard reset... same issue... now I have some other apps that won't start either... not sure I had this bad of an experience with previous builds...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The strange thing that's I tested build last evening , and messages was perfect... Other daily things were messed :( so this morning I reverted back to production, that's my daily driver

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hard resets will quite likely also cost you all of your SMS messages. Be very careful about giving such advice until Microsoft has addressed that problem, folks.

Craig-Aus

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I can open conversations from notifications. But if I want to open Messenger I have to open it from the Facebook (beta) app. Inconvenient - yes. Reinstalling the app and a phone reset have not helped. But Insider releases, especially the fast ring, are not meant for regular use. Personally I would be quickly rolling back to a prod release if I didn't have a backup option.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 640 here as my test phone. same thing with Messenger and Lockie. After a hard reset I had about 10 apps in the store that were merely listed in the update section with no way of removing pausing or starting the update. The same apps were already installed on the phone (internal storage). Lockie and Messenger would just crash.
Back to .218 and everything is fine just like my 640XL which is on .218

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
This happens to other messenger app such as wechat too, I installed the "transparent tiles maker" to pin the wechat app in start, and it works, no crashing anymore. Thanks for MS insider update, I used up almost 2-3 hours to looking for solutions.
I've heard that for facebook messenger, it could also fix the crashing problem, worth a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05