Microsoft abandoned Latin America

Vandrey Trindade

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Please WindowsCentral.com, post something about Microsoft abandoning Latin America! We don't have any of the new devices... stores are closing... The last Lumia that we can buy is the 640/XL... I'm the owner of a Lumia 930 and don't have any choices to change now...

The only option for us here in Brazil is to go Android or iOS, or to keep buying old phones from Microsoft.

There are a lot of comments about the same issue on other Latin America countries.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Brazil has one of the highest populations in the world. Why would Microsoft be interested in sending phones there. Pun intended

1020 lover

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft abandoned Lebanon from two years, now you can not find any lumia device. Even the old x20 series can not be found now. It was a real shame, I still have a 1020 with cracked screen and many other issue. No spare parts, no care center, no other choice than android or ios. It is a real shame. What are they doing????

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I don't think this is true at all. Are you on Claro Brasil? I've read somewhere that there was a conflict between Claro and Microsoft and then Claro stopped selling Lumias. But at least in Argentina Microsoft is selling their Lumia phones SIM-free. I bought one at an electronics store one month ago.

Last edited:

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
in chile not even the 640 made it... yes, online stores offer it, but no garantee, so if it fails... tough luck.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It makes sense to close stores where the market was weak for windows phones but for markets that have been strong? Marketing is down as many have reported. A weak dollar in South American countries has been one of the reasons though it doesn't seem to apply elsewhere. The USD is also weak in my country and yet the 950/950xl have been priced fairly and according to what I expect.

700USD (70000Kshs) for 950xl and the dock free. And yet I have read other countries having prices closer to 900USD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes