Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard not working on Windows 10?

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

Windows 10 version: 1909 (Build: 18363.815)

I've recently bought the Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard and was told the guy couldn't getting it working on Windows 10 but it worked on Windows 8.1 fine.

However, there are YouTube videos showing it used on Windows 10 and on Microsoft's official page for this keyboard here shows Windows 10 has full, not limited support.

• The USB dongle is found fine.
  • I've tried another USB-A port in the Hub (my PC only has USB-C).
  • My wired keyboard and mouse work using the same USB-A ports.
  • I've plugged the USB dongle directly into my work laptop, same problem.
  • I've tried the keyboard right next to the laptop and about half a metre away.
  • I've clicked "Update Driver" on all the drivers in Device Manager for the Dongle and Keyboard.
  • I've installed the latest version (12.200) of the "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center", although I don't believe this is necessary for the keyboard just to work.
Bizarrely "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center" sees the keyboard fine and I can even customise it.

But no button works?

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi bradavon,

In looking this one up, it seems this keyboard has had people complaining since release in 2015. It was originally built for Windows 8, but it looks as though the Win 10 drivers are posted on the product page you shared. The only thing I can think of would be to delete the software and drivers - full restart - then a clean installation.

If it still doesn't work - try a clean boot (Note: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section: "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the link).

Sorry I can't be of more help!

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
In looking this one up, it seems this keyboard has had people complaining since release in 2015. It was originally built for Windows 8, but it looks as though the Win 10 drivers are posted on the product page you shared.
I'm not sure how much they are drivers instead of an app.

I think I'm writing in saying it should work without the additional software for customisation. It's a good point though I'll try an uninstall - restart * - reinstall.

* I tend to Logout and Restart. Logout so no Apps reload and Restart so it doesn't use Windows Fast Boot.

If it still doesn't work - try a clean boot (Note: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section: "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the link).
Unusual Microsoft advice to disable all Startup Apps/Services. Good idea though. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077