Microsoft allegedly caught using PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs footage on YouTube

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Bloggers dream come true to slate MS some more. I don't keep up with all the gaming side of things though, I'm not a big gamer to be honest, but some of the stories and comments I've read on the net are taking some things way out of proportion just to start some more hate/rival comments between the two consoles. I suppose it gets hits on their website.

It has been tough for MS with all the hate going on (some of it is their own fault though). From what I've managed to gather though, both look great consoles, if I had to choose one for myself it would be the Xbox One, not that I have anything against the PS4 (other than lack of DLNA), the Xbox One with it's media features and bundled kinect would make me prefer that one personally. I also prefer the feel of the Xbox controller to the Playstations.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It probably was just ubisoft. I'd imagine they just sent a generic one and chose the ps4 for whatever reason, but no one realized it. I mean, come on, that clip is a few months old and people are just now noticing it. Someone at Xbox could've easily missed it. I'll admit that I didn't notice.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
cnet.com- not even going to bother to give them the satisfaction of a click. As someone else said, it's probably Ubisoft's fault since they probably used the same promotional footage to create video for both platforms. It happens more often than you think.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
And a couple years ago Sony was caugt using Forza still-frames in their Gran Tourismo advertizements.

(for those of you who dont know Forza is Microsofts big, beautiful, realistic racer and GT is Sony's)

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hard to imagine a Microsoft employee not seeing that detail if he was charged with editing it. I'm guessing it came from Ubisoft that decided to slap something together.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm still mad at Ubisoft for doing this. They should've either made it showing no buttons, made separate ones for the Xbox and PS, or let Microsoft and Sony make their own.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm still mad at Ubisoft for doing this. They should've either made it showing no buttons, made separate ones for the Xbox and PS, or let Microsoft and Sony make their own.

I don't know what it is, but developers just seem really lazy recently.

First there was the inconsistent frame rate of the ps4 on CoD, then it was the Xbox only runs CoD in 1080p when upscaled, now this. I mean, the games seem amazing, but idk, I just think these guys need to pay a little more attention to detail, since stuff like this can directly affect their profits.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what it is, but developers just seem really lazy recently.

First there was the inconsistent frame rate of the ps4 on CoD, then it was the Xbox only runs CoD in 1080p when upscaled, now this. I mean, the games seem amazing, but idk, I just think these guys need to pay a little more attention to detail, since stuff like this can directly affect their profits.

I think the attention to detail is part of the reason why most games don't run 1080 on Xbox right now. It's about how you use resources.. Minecraft is easy to run in 1080, but does that mean it looks better than BF4 in 720p?

Also I think that many devs are finding a better balance in resource use on Xbox by upscaling and this seems to be cos of a good upscaler on the Xbox. I don't know what frigging magic they do, but when most games on Xbox look same in 720p as many PS4 games in 1080p, I don't know what to say. And I've seen half of both console's launch lineups with my own eyes. No game on the PS4 made me go "hey, this looks better visually than <insert game here> on Xbox One". And if they did, it was nowhere near of a signifigant gap that would warrant this kind of fuzz about it.

Most of the games I play on PC I run at 1920x1080, yet most of them I can't run as well/as pretty as a next-gen console already seem to do. Graphical detail is about so much more than a resolution, see the Minecraft analogy at the start :p

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I hope BIGPADDY doesn't see this

I seen it :p

It probably was just ubisoft. I'd imagine they just sent a generic one and chose the ps4 for whatever reason, but no one realized it. I mean, come on, that clip is a few months old and people are just now noticing it. Someone at Xbox could've easily missed it. I'll admit that I didn't notice.

However I agree with your statement above probably just Ubisoft picking a generic one, there won't be much difference to either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes