Microsoft Band like a Pip-Boy

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys.

For people who don't know Fallout or a Pip-Boy: Fallout is a post-apocalyptic game which plays in the future and a Pip-Boy is a device around your wrist which displays the map, your inventory, quests and other stuff. For more information, just Bing it ;)

Okay, while playing Fallout 4 I had an idea. How would a broader Band be. Formfactorwise I think about a sweatband or even a bit broader. Because of the size, it could be thinner without losing battery capacity (or even improved capacity).

It should work like a smartphone and have all the apps and features like smartphones have. You could call someone by holding your wrist to your ear instead of your hand, so there is no problem. You can operate it like one-handed use of a smartphone, but it would be better than that, because you can use all your fingers instead of only your thumb. You could use new swipe gestures like swiping with two fingers to pin a app on the side or swiping with three fingers to switch between open apps. You can write messages with swype or speech-to-text or, if you have to write longer texts, just take it off and use both hands.
You have Cortana on it and you can use an iris scanner and Windows Hello to unlock it or pay with it.

The only problems I can see is about how comfortable it would be. But I Think it should be possible to make it comfortable enough. It needs to have enough sizes to fit all wrist types and it should adapt a little bit (like a sweatband :p). And of course it can't be too heavy and don't get too hot and it needs to be waterproof.

I think that's enough to give you guys an idea about what I mean and would like to hear from you what you think about such a device. Would you use/wear it, if not, why? With what other possible problems can you come up with and do you have solutions for solving?

I am kinda pumped right now about this idea and would love to see such a device. So let me know about your opinion about it :)

So long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon