Microsoft band shipped in UK.

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I got my band this morning and was able to pair it with my 930 (running 8.1 update 2). However,

- it took an awfully long time for the phone to find the band
- its definitely lost the Bluetooth connection at least once already since then
- I've not received any notifications on the notification center (despite seeing some on the phone).

Having fixed the BT connection, I've been patiently waiting for a notification to come in to confirm the latter issue. As I write this, though, I've just seen a Whatsapp notifcation on my phone, but haven't had anything on the Band.

Anyone else seeing this kind of problem? Is there an expected delay between notifications arriving on the phone and being pushed to the band?

FWIW - I have been able to get call notifications on the Band.

Also, has anyone been able to add a Starbucks card number to the Starbucks tile in "Health"? Whenever I enter a number, the Health app crashes!

UPDATE

I think everything seems to be working a lot better now. When I first ran the Health app, I got a warning about it not being enabled as a background task. I disabled some other BG tasks in settings and enabled the Health app, but wonder whether it was still "unhappy".

I ended up reinstalling the Health app and had it complain again that it wasn't enabled for background tasks. This time I removed more background tasks, uninstalled Health, rebooted the phone and installed it again and didn't get the warning. Since then I've actually received a notification from Whatsapp on the band - hurrah!

I also managed to add my card details into the Starbucks app - previously I'd been copying/pasting it in from elsewhere. This time I just typed it in manually and it "took".

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
my experience with GDR2 and the band is notifications can be flaky, I have a treasure tag paired and sometimes I get a notification when I go out of range, sometimes its delayed. Same with call notifications or other apps. A soft reset seems to fix it for a while so if yours aren't working try that.

kevin shea

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I use the Band with a Droid phone and it works fine. I get all text and phone call notifications, have the quick text returns but rarely use them. My usage is mainly to track my running and the Band is great, app on the phone is good, and looking at data on the web a little better.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the Band isn't available in Germany yet. What if I order one from the UK - does this run with WP's locale set to German?

Yes, it does... But to download the Microsoft Health app, you first need to set your region to US or UK, else the store won't offer you the app. After installation you can switch back to Germany. Only region setting is required, language doesn't matter.

All the third-party Band apps are also available in the German store, so no problem there. With the app Pimp my Band you even can set the language of the Band to German!

Best thing about availability in Germany: I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk and it was shipped from a German Versandzentrum (Bad Hersfeld) even to me. Only the damn Hermes delivery driver decided to carry it a day longer than necessary in his truck...

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I am in Germany and ordered from Amazon UK, they had 6 in stock this morning but my order still says the below:
"Not yet dispatchedDelivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

​GRRR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadtorose