Microsoft cuts ties with the Surface Duo, 3 years after launch

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Three years of support is appalling. And yes, I know that a lot of Android phone manufacturers only offer 2-3 years of support, but it's wrong.

You can't push the message that you're an environmentally conscious company if you're abandoning hardware after three years.

Ed Du

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
It was a good phone and had some good memories with it. Very useful as an educator. The thing is after Android 12L they pretty much given up supporting the device, only security updates. Microsoft really needs to up their game if they are going to be able to make even a potential duo 3 and support it better.

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft really should bring Android 13 to the Surface Duo 2 as a minimum.

It's been given ONE update and I'm not expecting it to get more.

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Classic Microsoft. If a product fails they dump it and move on to the next.

Windows Vista was never fixed, Windows 8.1 was never fixed.

You're expected to move on to the next product. That's fine for software but a phone as expensive as the Duo.

Reactions: ShinyProton

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
i got one for $400, and it is the best android phone (which is not saying much),
that i've used. i still prefer windows phone, but this will do for the next several
years. i don't care if there are updates or not. as long as it can use 4G or 5G i'm covered.

later
|| | || | | |
ne ga tive 1

Reactions: Laura Knotek

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone actually surprised by this? How long before we get an official announcement that the Duo 2 is dead? It's already in the "no comment" stage when anyone asks about it.

hamphlet

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Oh dear. No surprise really. I can see the Duo 2 going the same way. I'm disappointed because I wanted to see them succeed. On the other hand, it's one in the eye for the lairy and charmless Rodneyej, so not all is lost :D Whatever happened to him?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria