Microsoft Edge is a DOG on my PC (Build 10166)

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Now I know I don't have the best laptop in the world (I use it as a desktop continuously plugged in to AC) but it meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 10 by a longshot. I have 6.00GB of ram and a 2.56 GHZ intel i5 processor. But running Edge on this device is torture. It takes up 40-60% CPU utilization just running THIS site ALONE..and no other apps or programs open. Even typing this post was horribly slow and the letters/words lagged behind/missed keystrokes. When I run IE it is a bit faster only using up ~10% CPU and this site is faster (but still slow). Even other sites are super slow and freeze a lot like twitter and facebook. I really want to use Edge because its so nice and sleek looking but If I cant get it to operate properly there will be no choice but to go back to IE ::facepalm::

Anyone have similar problems with Edge or tips on what to do to fix this?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you jacob103. I should do a clean install but I don't have multiple versions of insider previews installed on top of each other. I basically clean installed 8.1 pro about a week ago, then installed 10162 from an ISO (but did not include the option to format my HD) then I installed 10166 from WU. So it could be an issue of just resetting the PC but otherwise windows runs fine i.e. system processes, settings, file explorer etc..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander