Microsoft Health is a rebellious teenager!

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Last night I got the 14342.1004 build on my 950XL which was supposed to fix "battery issues."

This inspired me to go to settings, system, battery and see what is using battery. Microsoft Health was way up there around 50%. So I changed its background battery usage from "managed by Windows" to "never allowed" and put my phone on the QI charger for the night.

This morning I woke to a completely drained battery. It had only enough charge to show me the dead battery icon and shut off again. After connecting to the quick USB-C charger for a while, I checked settings again. During the previous 6 hours, when Microsoft Health was disallowed from background battery usage, it used 99%. That's why I call it a rebellious teenager. I told it to do one thing, instead it did the exact opposite.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Last night I got the 14342.1004 build on my 950XL which was supposed to fix "battery issues."

This inspired me to go to settings, system, battery and see what is using battery. Microsoft Health was way up there around 50%. So I changed its background battery usage from "managed by Windows" to "never allowed" and put my phone on the QI charger for the night.

This morning I woke to a completely drained battery. It had only enough charge to show me the dead battery icon and shut off again. After connecting to the quick USB-C charger for a while, I checked settings again. During the previous 6 hours, when Microsoft Health was disallowed from background battery usage, it used 99%. That's why I call it a rebellious teenager. I told it to do one thing, instead it did the exact opposite.

Does MS health use internet for it to function? If yes, would the battery usage be high if there was no internet available?

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Yesterday, mine went from 70% to 0 in 2 hours. Phone was very hot. I turned off background and was ok.

Capture001.jpg

Last edited:

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Does MS health use internet for it to function? If yes, would the battery usage be high if there was no internet available?

Unfortunately yes. Or at least for me. Most of the usage is listed in "System" category in Battery saver.

It was allright on TH2, but now on redstone it's sucking battery like hell.

I have the same problem on TH2 .318 build - very high battery usage and by "high" I mean like 60% for the last 24h when I didn't even open the MS Health..
OTOH disallowing it to run in background solved my issue..

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem on TH2 .318 build - very high battery usage and by "high" I mean like 60% for the last 24h when I didn't even open the MS Health..
OTOH disallowing it to run in background solved my issue..

I didn't have the problem on .318 or any before that. Jumped on redstone last week and suddenly, there I have it.
Will it have an impact on the function of Microsoft Health to disable background permission? I use it daily.

Dano91

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I didn't have the problem on .318 or any before that. Jumped on redstone last week and suddenly, there I have it.
Will it have an impact on the function of Microsoft Health to disable background permission? I use it daily.

It will stop updating the LiveTile info and it won't auto sync - you will have to do it manually by opening the app. Nevertheless your steps count will still be tracked. But I'm not using it with MS Band, so can't really speak for that matter.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It will stop updating the LiveTile info and it won't auto sync - you will have to do it manually by opening the app. Nevertheless your steps count will still be tracked. But I'm not using it with MS Band, so can't really speak for that matter.
My biggest issue was losing notifications on the band. Hopefully just temporary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wopkof