Microsoft Hotmail Account Issue in Lumia 530

HamidSyed

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi all.
i own a Lumia 530 and have come across a potentially mind boggling problem regarding the hotmail account associated with the Store in the phone. the story goes , that i gave the mobile to a friend for a few days use , where he factory reset is and used his own hotmail account to use the phone. now , after sometime i got it back ... and i did not use the store much but i did keep personal data in the phone after getting it back from the friend. now the issue is ... his account is LOCKED to the phone somehow :/ , i can't log in to his account and can't remove it either. im gonna post a pic to clarify.

lunch1.jpg

now the account i have highlighted is the one i want to REMOVE and replace with my own account so i can access the store ... so please guide me on how to remove this account. even tho my friend came and inserted his password and logged in but the hotmail team kept asking him to wait for a security code being texted to him which never arrived (point to be noted that when he inserted the password and requested the security code from hotmail , his SIM was in his other phone and MY sim was in the lumia 530) . so in the end , im left with a phone which has an account that can't be logged into and can't be removed and i can't access the store. Please help !

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi all.
i own a Lumia 530 and have come across a potentially mind boggling problem regarding the hotmail account associated with the Store in the phone. the story goes , that i gave the mobile to a friend for a few days use , where he factory reset is and used his own hotmail account to use the phone. now , after sometime i got it back ... and i did not use the store much but i did keep personal data in the phone after getting it back from the friend. now the issue is ... his account is LOCKED to the phone somehow :/ , i can't log in to his account and can't remove it either. im gonna post a pic to clarify.

View attachment 123215

now the account i have highlighted is the one i want to REMOVE and replace with my own account so i can access the store ... so please guide me on how to remove this account. even tho my friend came and inserted his password and logged in but the hotmail team kept asking him to wait for a security code being texted to him which never arrived (point to be noted that when he inserted the password and requested the security code from hotmail , his SIM was in his other phone and MY sim was in the lumia 530) . so in the end , im left with a phone which has an account that can't be logged into and can't be removed and i can't access the store. Please help !

As mentioned on user guide in original box, all Lumias only way to change primary owner Microsoft account is a factory hard reset. Go in setting and search the Restore button. You can save sd files

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Factory reset is the only way. Then use your account details anything you added will since getting your phone back will be lost but it should restore back to before you loaned it

HamidSyed

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
there's absolutely NO other way ? backing up data is going to be tedious as its my first time with a windows phone ... any tips you can give me to save as much data as i can ?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720