Microsoft Oy and Existing Devices

alanrobinson5538

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, just a quick question.

So when I went to Tokyo late last year, I bought a Surface Pro 2, which comes with a worldwide warranty.

couple of months ago, I bought a Lumia 1520 from Amazon UK, The 1520 originated in Hong Kong, and doesn't have a worldwide warranty, which I'm not too bothered about as it's fully insured.

Question though - since the acquisition of Nokia, do you think that our Nokia phones will be covered by a worldwide warranty?

It would be good if they were...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I doubt it.. Since MS will still use carriers to push out their phones this doesn't seem likely unless the carrier itself gives you that guarantee.. Just my take tho :amaze:

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading in one of the press releases that MS will honor all existing Nokia warranties, or something along those lines. Not sure if this answers your question specifically. I doubt anything will change, so if it wasn't covered by world wide, then that won't change. If it was covered world wide, then it would still stay as is.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I remember reading in one of the press releases that MS will honor all existing Nokia warranties, or something along those lines. Not sure if this answers your question specifically. I doubt anything will change, so if it wasn't covered by world wide, then that won't change. If it was covered world wide, then it would still stay as is.

Yupp this is true..

Type_Grey

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, all current warrantees and devices (even the Nokia X line) will remain valid and will be honored by Microsoft. I did some searching and found the following from each camp's press release:

From Nokia: Our journey begins - Conversations

"Importantly for existing customers, we will bring you right along with us. Your device warranty is completely unaffected by this change and the same world-class customer service and support teams will continue to look after your devices. You can still get all the help and support through the usual channels: online support, contact centers and local Nokia Care points.

And we?ll continue to take good care of your personal data ? our commitment to your privacy remains paramount."

From Microsoft: Microsoft officially welcomes the Nokia Devices and Services business

See the last sentence of the third paragraph - "As part of the transaction, Microsoft will honor all existing Nokia customer warranties for existing devices, beginning April 25, 2014."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi