Microsoft torches multiple Xbox studios then tells you to 'feel the burn' with the most tone-deaf controller launch of all time

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Well it's bussiness. All of it. You're looking too much into it.
They won't release an In Memoriam of Those Studios Tears Edition Controller.

Seriously, what's the take here? Are they going to stop releasign hardware? Software? Is this a national holiday or a wake or something?

Not the first studio to close, not the first time MS kills a studio either. And it won't be the last (certainly Microsoft is not the only one who will do it in this crazy fragile industry that's gaming).

nibblo

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I just finished playing Ghostwire Tokyo on my Series X and loved it and now I'm reading this :( For all it's faults I also enjoyed Redfall which had a very similar structure to Ghostwire and I loved Prey. What's happening? This is a tragedy for gaming, has ruined my day but my heart goes out to all the studios closed and the people in them. They have been totally shafted by a heartless corporation who is making billions.

taynjack

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Shareholders. The noose that strangles the people actually doing the work until they don't have enough air to think straight.
Shareholders. They keep the top brass so afraid they can't make rational decisions concerning real human beings with real families, with real needs.

Cmndr_Bytes

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
Shareholders. The noose that strangles the people actually doing the work until they don't have enough air to think straight.
Shareholders. They keep the top brass so afraid they can't make rational decisions concerning real human beings with real families, with real needs.
As a (very very small amount) shareholder I completely agree. Make BUHZillions in profits but if your not making even more each quarter then you need to sacrifice thousands of workers to the god of SharHahlders to appease them and don't dare ever think of making the upper echelon take a pay cut or maybe cut back on bonus pay. Noooo way.

rmark66

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft just announced the full closure of three studios, with another being folded into Zenimax Online. That hasn't stopped them from releasing a controller for the one-hundredth time this generation!

Microsoft torches multiple Xbox studios then tells you to 'feel the burn' with the most tone-deaf controller launch of all time : Read more
I don't have a problem with it. I am sure about any tag line could be taken wrong from Microsoft that day. The controller has nothing to do with the closing of the studios and it is a great looking controller. Hopefully the people impacted will get new jobs they like soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788