Microsoft unveils world's first Copilot+ PC — The Surface Pro with OLED and Snapdragon X is finally here

linkzero1979

May 20, 2024
Visit site
What about privacy, this is just going to make more people think they are intelligent but never put in the work to earn the knowledge. And make more people lazy. And oh yeah bank tellers and the 20 per hour fast food hires you guys will be the first in line with your hand out. Usering in problems by the bucket load because depending on a freak creation of man to solve issues for you. Awful time ahead. No more windows for me and I hope enough see that this is a mistake and Ms loses enough money. Like Disney and Hollywood.

Reactions: ad47uk

taynjack

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
What about privacy, this is just going to make more people think they are intelligent but never put in the work to earn the knowledge. And make more people lazy. And oh yeah bank tellers and the 20 per hour fast food hires you guys will be the first in line with your hand out. Usering in problems by the bucket load because depending on a freak creation of man to solve issues for you. Awful time ahead. No more windows for me and I hope enough see that this is a mistake and Ms loses enough money. Like Disney and Hollywood.
A version of this same argument existed with every past innovation. We may get dumber in some things, but we'll get smarter in other ways. Some knowledge becomes obsolete with time. No accountant bemoans the loss of hand written ledgers. They are not better than QuickBooks. I have no idea how to saddle a horse, but I have replaced an engine in a modern car. We'll be fine.

Reactions: JamesDax3

ShavedMonkey

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Disappointed that they didn't improve the form factor. The new Surface Pro is exactly the same thickness 9.3mm and weight, actually heavier, at 930g, then the Surface Pro 9 5G from couple years ago.

IPad Pro now 5mm !!

The Werewolf

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I'll accept "finally" for OLED, but to be honest, I really doubt there were many people desperately waiting for an ARM based Surface Pro (or any other Windows ARM device). To be clear, they weren't fearing them either. I think most people just won't care as long as their software runs on it with out weird issues.

On the other hand, if it's more expensive (which so far, it is) or has all sorts of compatibility issues (to be seen but we already know of a few - games in particular), then we're watching a repeat of the Surface RT fiasco of 10 years ago - because apparently everyone in the tech blog community seems to have forgotten that Microsoft was actually the first to offer an ARM based Windows device... and it flopped SO badly.

Arun Topez

Aug 19, 2023
Visit site
Disappointed that they didn't improve the form factor. The new Surface Pro is exactly the same thickness 9.3mm and weight, actually heavier, at 930g, then the Surface Pro 9 5G from couple years ago.

IPad Pro now 5mm !!
To be fair, the iPad doesn't have a kickstand and the amount of components inside compared to Surface Pro, since it's just a tablet, not a 2-in-1 laptop.

DaveDansey

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Elite with 512 SSD - £1549
Elite with 1TB SSD - £1749

£200 for an extra 512GB of storage is simply unfair.

£100 extra would be cheeky, but £200 is a joke.

ad47uk

May 17, 2016
Visit site
That is Apple does, so they are learning from Apple. Not something I will buy, I prefer a laptop type machine to be a laptop. Not that I am thinking about buying a laptop, but if I did I think I would go for a Mac

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christinaenth