Microsoft's Surface Laptop 7 Copilot+ PC is finally the best clamshell laptop on the market after 8 years of iterations

The Werewolf

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, as usual "best" is highly subjective... but at least we can stop using MacBooks as benchmark "best" laptop going forward...

Right?

Right?

Didn't think so.

Reactions: nop

Gamedi

Jun 29, 2024
Visit site
Well, as usual "best" is highly subjective... but at least we can stop using MacBooks as benchmark "best" laptop going forward...

Right?

Right?

Didn't think so.
Not sure what you are talking about, the only thing macbooks have going for is their CPUs. Now Windows laptops more or less achieved parity CPU in terms of heat and battery life, I don't see any advantages Macbooks have.

Macbook pros have garbage screens (horrendous response times), their keyboard is at least two notches worse than best of Windows laptops, they speakers are tuned terribly so they sound muffled ... Also they tend to be very heavy for machines that you cannot even play video games on.

They are certainly not the best laptops in my book. Except the CPU, they are pretty mediocre.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I assume that it is because the screen of a Surface Laptop is thinner than a Surface Pro but they have again put a worse camera in the SL than the SP. I have a SP7 for work and my partner bought a SL5 at about the same time and her webcam is terrible. My boss is looking at getting me a SP11 and himself a SL7 and the SL again has a worse camera, although it's 1080p now at least, so it should be good enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FraJa