Microsoft's Xbox has taken over the Sony's PlayStation Store 🤯

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Time travel back 10 years and tell people that Xbox will own Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, the Elder Scrolls, and have a hit TV show on Amazon Prime.

TBBudak

May 27, 2023
Visit site
In news that might've seemed impossible ten years ago, PlayStation's storefront has been overtaken by arch rival Microsoft.

Microsoft's Xbox has taken over the Sony's PlayStation Store 🤯 : Read more
As someone who switched to Playstation after maining Xbox since the mid 2000s, i'm glad to see Xbox games so succesful on Playstation.

Now i can look forward to playing Indiana Jones, Hellblade 2, Gears of War 6, the next Halo, etc on Playstation! Looks like i'm not missing out on ANYTHING now that i only use PS, thank you Phil Spencer.

TBBudak

May 27, 2023
Visit site
Time travel back 10 years and tell people that Xbox will own Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, the Elder Scrolls, and have a hit TV show on Amazon Prime.
Flexing a trillion dollar company' acquisitions has to be the most glazing thing i've ever seen 😭 my man is acting like he won trophies in a sporting competition.

Reactions: wojtek

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
As someone who switched to Playstation after maining Xbox since the mid 2000s, i'm glad to see Xbox games so succesful on Playstation.

Now i can look forward to playing Indiana Jones, Hellblade 2, Gears of War 6, the next Halo, etc on Playstation! Looks like i'm not missing out on ANYTHING now that i only use PS, thank you Phil Spencer.
Don't hold your breath.
Most of the games you listed are XBOX Signature games from XBOX Gaming Studios, not Activision, or Bethesda. Your best bet might be Indiana Jones, sometime in 2025-26.
But you *will* have Call of Duty until 2034. That's something...

TBBudak

May 27, 2023
Visit site
Don't hold your breath.
Most of the games you listed are XBOX Signature games from XBOX Gaming Studios, not Activision, or Bethesda. Your best bet might be Indiana Jones, sometime in 2025-26.
But you *will* have Call of Duty until 2034. That's something...
I APPLAUD your optimisim, it's really a rare thing to see these days! But Phil Spencer has already confirmed that he'll never not consider bringing Xbox games to PS. Sea of Thieves on PS5 has most likely outsold lifetime Xbox sales in one day (because Xbox community doesn't buy videogames). And i want to use this opportunity to let you know that SOT and GROUNDED are from XBOX Gaming studios too!

EVERYONE is going to have EVERY Xbox game, because Microsoft shareholders want to release games on platforms whose communities actually BUY games (which is something the Xbox community doesn't do.)

I hope my comment has not stopped your optimistic point of view.

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
Flexing a trillion dollar company' acquisitions has to be the most glazing thing i've ever seen 😭 my man is acting like he won trophies in a sporting competition.
Also, those games are selling into a vacuum because, ahem, in 2024 Sony has no games. 😇 (No first party games, anyway.)

Maybe 2025 will be different.

What MS has been doing is spending today's (well, yesterday's) cash stash to buy future revenue because otherwise inflation would eat it up.

And going after Sony (and Nintendo) customers during the tail end of tbeir console generation is good opportunistic business. It makes sense to showcase their previous exclusives ahead of the next gen and its exclusives. Plus they aren't known for leaving money on the table. Money is money, regardless of where it comes from.

That is why they are now worth three trillion on the way to 4 trillion.

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
I APPLAUD your optimisim, it's really a rare thing to see these days! But Phil Spencer has already confirmed that he'll never not consider bringing Xbox games to PS. Sea of Thieves on PS5 has most likely outsold lifetime Xbox sales in one day (because Xbox community doesn't buy videogames). And i want to use this opportunity to let you know that SOT and GROUNDED are from XBOX Gaming studios too!

EVERYONE is going to have EVERY Xbox game, because Microsoft shareholders want to release games on platforms whose communities actually BUY games (which is something the Xbox community doesn't do.)

I hope my comment has not stopped your optimistic point of view.
It's not optimism.
It's being a student of Nadella's tactics.
He's a big practitioner of "what's mine is mine; what's yours is negotiable."

*Everybody* is most definitely not going to get *every* XBOX game as long as MS sells XBOX consoles. Which means another ten years of some XBOX exclusives along some multiplatform games, just as they've been doing for ten years and more.

Sit back and watch Nadella's next moves in gaming and remember: Spencer is the good cop in the classic good cop/bad cop ploy. Watch out for the "bad" cop.

In the meantime, ponder what Sarah Bond means by "forward compatibility" and how MS can get Steam and other stores on XBOX. (There is an easy and quick way.)
Whatever it is they're up to they'd better do it before Steam unleashes a new SteamBox. But after Sony bets the farm on PS5 PRO.

Last edited:

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
the fact you read this and thought i was flexing is more indicative of your fanboyism tbh, since it triggered you.

re-read it, very slowly.

would you have thought microsoft would have all this **** under its name 10 years ago? no? didn't think so. please use your brain before commenting.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

aye aye. im also enjoying playing PS games on my PC. great time to be a gamer!

TBBudak

May 27, 2023
Visit site
Also, those games are selling into a vacuum because, ahem, in 2024 Sony has no games. 😇 (No first party games, anyway.)

Maybe 2025 will be different.

What MS has been doing is spending today's (well, yesterday's) cash stash to buy future revenue because otherwise inflation would eat it up.

And going after Sony (and Nintendo) customers during the tail end of tbeir console generation is good opportunistic business. It makes sense to showcase their previous exclusives ahead of the next gen and its exclusives. Plus they aren't known for leaving money on the table. Money is money, regardless of where it comes from.

That is why they are now worth three trillion on the way to 4 trillion.
I LOVE how you change the goalpost to the games not being "first party, anyway". It's always great to see how people come up with creative ways to try to win winning arguments.

How many Xbox games released this year? I thought the drought was over :/. The only first party Xbox game of this year is Hellblade 2, and it's a 4 hour, 40$ game thats basically a tech-demo.

Meanwhile PS has FF7 rebirth, Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin and the upcoming Stellar Blade. These may not be "first party", but that doesn't change the fact that they're Playstation exclusive.

TBBudak

May 27, 2023
Visit site
It's not optimism.
It's being a student of Nadella's tactics.
He's a big practitioner of "what's mine is mine; what's yours is negotiable."

*Everybody* is most definitely not going to get *every* XBOX game as long as MS sells XBOX consoles. Which means another ten years of some XBOX exclusives along some multiplatform games, just as they've been doing for ten years and more.

Sit back and watch Nadella's next moves in gaming and remember: Spencer is the good cop in the classic good cop/bad cop ploy. Watch out for the "bad" cop.

In the meantime, ponder what Sarah Bond means by "forward compatibility" and how MS can get Steam and other stores on XBOX. (There is an easy and quick way.)
Whatever it is they're up to they'd better do it before Steam unleashes a new SteamBox. But after Sony bets the farm on PS5 PRO.
"Its being a student of Nadella's tactics." 😭😭 a few months ago he was the boogeyman and now he's your mentor? Good lord.

TBBudak

May 27, 2023
Visit site
the fact you read this and thought i was flexing is more indicative of your fanboyism tbh, since it triggered you.

re-read it, very slowly.

would you have thought microsoft would have all this **** under its name 10 years ago? no? didn't think so. please use your brain before commenting.
I re-read it and came to the same conclusion. You're absolutely flexing an achievement you have nothing to do with.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I bet you close your eyes when the PS logo pops up.
Coming back for a second response two hours later is wild, haha. Just enjoy video games, friend. I've got over 140 games installed on my Xbox right now to play, and many aren't available on PlayStation — but I genuinely don't care about that, because I'm just here to play awesome games.

Great games deserve to be played by everyone. Consoles are a saturated market now and it's strange to defend an archaic strategy that only benefits companies trying to lock consumers into their closed off ecosystems. No one ever whines about PC games coming to consoles because (surprise), the industry is a lot larger than consoles (and the console slice of the pie is only getting smaller).

Every forward-thinking company knows this, and we've already seen the signs of Sony shifting its own strategies over the last few years. So... Just play the games, wherever you happen to play games. It's not that deep.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Honestly this is the way, MS saw beyond the curve and this is what's going to make them more money. Encroaching on a single own platform won't give you growth. Game production is expensive, Sony know this because they burn years and millions on games that sell well but are very expensive, especially licenses (and they're going all in on Marvel licenses!!!!).
Meanwhile Xbox is expanding and players on any ecosystem are happy to play their games. Sony should release their stuff on Xbox too, heh

lostrune

Aug 23, 2021
Visit site
Sea of Thieves on PS5 has most likely outsold lifetime Xbox sales in one day (because Xbox community doesn't buy videogames).

Why do people keep treating Game Pass like it's free?! Game Pass costs money - and one needs a form of it (whether Game Pass Core or Ultimate) to play Sea of Thieves since it's an online game. People are definitely buying something when they pay for Game Pass!

Sea of Thieves costs $40 - if one pays for Game Pass for 2-3 months, they already paid for the equivalent of the game. If they stay subscribed for longer, they already paid more than the price of the game! People are definitely buying something.

Furthermore, Sea of Thieves has had already over 40 million players - even if we suppose 80% of them played thru Game Pass, that's 32 million paying a lot of money monthly, plus over 8 million who bought the game outright. That's likely more money than even Final Fantasy Rebirth would have buyers in its lifetime (its sales are very disappointing right now). Heck, not even a million people bought Returnal lifetime, and let's not even talk about Foamstars that died within weeks because nobody bought it after it left PS Plus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty