Mind Blowing Pureview Lowlight Capability

Ady Tamimi1

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
It's true. I do that all the time to mind-blow my friends since i bought it more that a year ago. It can be really pitch dark outside but all you need is a little light source nearby (not flashlight) and the L920 will absorb the hell out of it to gather enough light for the area. ;)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The black on the window looks very artificial to me. And like I've already said in my other reply (your duplicate thread on the same matter), use a little common sense please. ;)

M0TH3R_FR4GG3R

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The black on the window looks very artificial to me. And like I've already said in my other reply (your duplicate thread on the same matter), use a little common sense please. ;)

Just trying to get the truth out, anyways, by the people's comment, it seems to be true, will buy this device now !

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just trying to get the truth out, anyways, by the people's comment, it seems to be true, will buy this device now !

I've bought the 920 right after it was released in Germany and used it for over a year, before I replaced it with a 1020 and a 1520. It has great lowlight capabilities, no doubt. But they're not by far as mind blowing as the video is trying to make you believe. Anyways, it's a nice phone.

afnan_mc

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why some of you think this is fake. I can attest to the fact that this is indeed possible. If you're using default settings, results aren't going to be this bright. But once you bump up the exposure, iso and shutter speed (These seem to be the case on the video), you do get "mind blowing" results like these. :)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why some of you think this is fake. I can attest to the fact that this is indeed possible. If you're using default settings, results aren't going to be this bright. But once you bump up the exposure, iso and shutter speed (These seem to be the case on the video), you do get "mind blowing" results like these. :)

The fact that the guy in the video is holding the device with it's hands, and not even very steady, indicates that the shutter speed is definitely set to a very fast level. I know the device can take great lowlight shots, since I've owned it myself. Its results are better than those by the 1020 or 1520. But no matter how much I tweaked the settings, I've never ever managed to get a clear and bright picture like shown in the video, when the environment was pitch black.

afnan_mc

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I hold the phone with my hands while taking the photos. (Not sure how else you usually take pictures on a phone.). The little bit of shaking isn't such an issue with OIS. Try taking a photo with exposure and shutter speed at around 2 and 2s respectively. If its far shutter speed will be at 3200. Trust me the photo will be bright.

That said, why in the world would anyone bother making this with some of the most serious CGI when the result you get is possible with the 920.? smh.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I hold the phone with my hands while taking the photos. (Not sure how else you usually take pictures on a phone.). The little bit of shaking isn't such an issue with OIS. Try taking a photo with exposure and shutter speed at around 2 and 2s respectively. If its far shutter speed will be at 3200. Trust me the photo will be bright.

That said, why in the world would anyone bother making this with some of the most serious CGI when the result you get is possible with the 920.? smh.

I've just seen a couple more demo videos and I was obviously wrong. :) No idea why my pictures never turned out to be as great as those in the videos, but it was apparently rather me doing something wrong, than the device.
So I take back anything I said regarding fake. :)

anon(5340153)

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
It is possible that the outside might not be that dark. The video does not seemed to be taken by a good video camera, so the dynamic range might not be that good, making the outside seemed blacker than it actually was. Of course, that is only my guess.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I think there are two factors at play here:
1. The video camera itself is probably making the outside darker than it actually is when seen with the naked eye
2. Maybe the settings are not in auto.

With that said, my 928 takes amazing lowlight shots that trump anything out there. The trick is to hold it steady and adjust the setting a little. I've taken pitch black shots of rooms in my house without flash. Color will be really washed out but it will pick up the entire room pretty clearly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss