Minesweeper & Sudoku Now Available (US Only?)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Are Minesweeper & Sudoku available in the UK ? Not getting any sight of them on my Omnia, and in the Zune client they have no download links.

Hope it's just not propagated yet. Hmmmm.

They surely have no reason for these not to be widely available right ?

(I know, and don't call you surely) ;)

Looks the UK / Europe has been shafted once again after all. Thanks Microsoft. :(

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
lmao!

the Marketplace should be the same for all the countries as long as its a supported country , you probly just have a delay ,, Americans probly get it first cause of the time differents???

I'm not convinced Se1fcr3ation, the Marketplace in the UK when clicking on the links for the games informs you.....

This application is not available on your device. Press here for more info.
Pressing more info gives you...

This might be because your phone software need to be updated, the application is exclusive to a different mobile provider, or the app is not available in your region.

We'll see if they relent in a few days, not holding my breath thought. :)

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
its not available in canada either and that is extremely rare for something to be available one place and not the other. I dont think we will be seeing this arrive in other areas as it is most likely due to the bing ads it is only going to be in us

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I really hate how all these rules and laws are really hurting WP7 in other countries. Zune, Bing, Maps... it seems even sillier to block these simple games.

Hopefully, they'll fix whatever BS is going on and you guys can soon feel just as stupid as I did trying to play Intense Lightning Sudoku, too... :p

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone explain Minesweeper to me? What are the numbers for? I have the feeling I'm supposed to be thinking but I just randomly push buttons.

Fun fact: I have never won a game of minesweeper on PC.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Can anyone explain Minesweeper to me? What are the numbers for? I have the feeling I'm supposed to be thinking but I just randomly push buttons.

Fun fact: I have never won a game of minesweeper on PC.
lol

Mines are surrounded on all sides by a +1 layer
e.g., if 'M' is a mine it would look like this
Code:
1 1 1
1 M 1
1 1 1
If mines are near each other and the layers overlap, it adds +1 to the square.
Code:
1 2 2 1   1 1 2 1 1   1 1 1
1 M M 1   1 M 2 M 1   1 M 2 1 1
1 2 2 1   1 1 2 1 1   1 1 2 M 1
                          1 1 1
Your goal is to tap all the squares away, except for the mine squares, using the numbers as your guide.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Can you make a dumber version of your post? I still don't understand well. ( My lack of English knowledge is not helping, what overlap means? )

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Cells on the grid can have either nothing (blank), a number (one or more mines are adjacent to the cell, or a bomb (ends the game if you dig it). Digging a cell reveals its contents.

At first you randomly tap one or more places on the screen to dig them out. You're hoping to tap spots which have no mines at all, and if you're lucky, you'll tap a blank area, which will reveal all adjacent (touching) blank areas. All of the spots next to the blank areas will have their numbers revealed, too.

Once you have at least one number revealed (Preferably more), you can use those numbers to figure out whether the adjacent cells have mines or not. The number on a cell tells you how many adjacent cells have mines. So a 1 means that only one touching cell has a mine and the other 7 touching cells are safe to dig.

Whenever you figure out where a mine is located, you plant a flag on it. Once you have revealed every cell that does not hold a mine (by digging them), you win the level.

I'm leaving a lot out... Here's a tutorial link:

http://www.squidoo.com/minesweeper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny