Mixed Reality/VR/AR - the reason MSFT needs to be in Mobile

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
With the AR kit and how much iPhone is showing promise, I realized MSFT needs to make a Surface Phone so it could also fulfill the promise of AR/VR, which i think can be the next big wave in computing next to smartphones.

They have to have consumer hardware that's first party for their mixed reality efforts. Without it, they will fall behind again.

This also makes me wonder if their mixed reality event this October has a Surface phone...

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Well... they DID show the Elite x3 being used for AR when they announced Paint 3D...

Technically since it's a UWP they don't need special hardware (aka phones). While you could supposedly carry a tablet or laptop around, yeah it would be far more convenient to have something mobile.

Although, they could just port their app to the devices that are already in the hands of millions of people... much better decision from a business standpoint.

That being said, AR has been around for years and it hasn't really caught on. The technology hasn't really changed in past years, simply putting it on more screens doesn't make it any more useful. I really don't see it being this big thing in the way smartphones were.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon