MMS cannot be sent or recieved

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

we have an odd problem which could be related to the LTE/4G network issue, but since we don't have LTE anywhere close where we are living, I am not sure about a possible connection.

My wife and I received our Lumias Friday and are loving it so far, except that my wife cannot receive or sent MMS (we only tried pictures so far). When I send one from my phone, she receives a message "Get media content now", when she tries to send one it says "Cannot send message. Try again". Clicking on load or resend link sometimes works, only after the phone is rebooted (sometimes several times, not hard reset). The problem seems to be independent from the Wifi connection, also from the region (we just traveled over the weekend from East to West coast). The rep on the phone could not help us at all.

Is anybody else having the same problem or knows a solution? We love the phones coming from Motorola Photon and iOS and think it is the best UI so far out there, but this bug is very annoying.

Thanks, MCheiron

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You would need the Nokia Network Setup app to change your MMS settings, as that can only be done through a third party app in Windows Phone 7.5 (probably my biggest gripe with an otherwise awesome operating system). However, Nokia has inexplicably removed the app from the marketplace.

If you are just starting with AT&T, i.e. porting your number from another carrier, it is possible that the porting process wasn't quite complete. Give it a day or two and your MMS should start working.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me, my girlfriend was sending me pictures from her cruise she went on this week. I received some of em, correctly and then when she sent more. It wouldn't download, so I turned off the Wi-Fi, I don't decided to turn it off for whatever reason. I guess it downloaded after that with the 4G connection at my house. Doesn't download with a faster internet connection, but it uses my data? Strange... :dry

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
After several reboots today, it works again. So far. There is also a thread about new mms setting in this forum, but i don't know how to link that.

xs2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
After several reboots today, it works again. So far. There is also a thread about new mms setting in this forum, but i don't know how to link that.

This issue seems to be associated with Wifi. Next time...try turning off wifi and back on.

If that doesn't fix it, download the Nokia Network Setup app (Connection Setup for HTC, Wireless Manager for Samsung). Just open the app and let it run. You should be able to get MMS working after this.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This issue seems to be associated with Wifi. Next time...try turning off wifi and back on.

If that doesn't fix it, download the Nokia Network Setup app (Connection Setup for HTC, Wireless Manager for Samsung). Just open the app and let it run. You should be able to get MMS working after this.

Unfortunately, Nokia took its Network Setup app down. So those of us with Lumias + MMS issues are S.O.L.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo