Mobile hotspot in 10512. Why release 10512 if this isn't working????

greg10e

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
How can MS release a new version without fixing internet sharing? This is ESSENTIAL for any version of the software and it means that this release is USELESS.
When are we going to see a fix? Hope it's not going to take another month!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Because they believe their warning they have given to you before you install their software has taken effect.
Yup.

I mean, how can you even say that and be serious? If you want your hotspot go back to 8.1, nobody guaranteed you anything.
And also..is it really that essential to you? I've never used that feature in my whole life.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
This feature is essential for me. And thats why i am not upgrading to this build. Not sure if its not working for anyone.

With all due deference, not everyone thinks or knows that hotspot is essential for life to go on here on planet Earth. If you must have the hotspot don't update to 10512 and stay on 10166 or 8.!. and oh by the way stop whining please.

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
How can MS release a new version without fixing internet sharing? This is ESSENTIAL for any version of the software and it means that this release is USELESS.

In installing the preview, they were able to clearly tell you that this is a preview build and it is by your own choice to upgrade into the build 10512. And it was meant to be tested by patient people willing to help in the creation of the software. Preview builds are not meant as daily drivers but are used for testing and feedback as well.

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It's a bug in this build, plain and simple, and we were warned as much... although if your phone is set to receive updates and you were on Fast ring, you may not have had a chance to read before phone downloaded the build. Sigh.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Why. Why indeed.

Why would you install an update with a KNOWN bug that disables something YOU see as essential?

Why would you use a technical preview and nit expect issues?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Play dangerous games win dangerous prizes.

Sorry if you were blindsided by it, but it was documented and you agreed to the kind of shenanigans when you first installed it. I can provide a screenshot of it if you'd like. You go in prepared to deal with the worst at any moment, mostly. And its a known issue.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the problem here is that people start downloading before knowing the issues of the latest build, I did :) If MS put the list of problems that Gabe Aul publishes on his blog into a new update description and have people confirm that yes, I want it anyway, it would save people some problems.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Essential? Really? Since they wouldn't release a build last week with a blocking bug, I'm willing to bet they don't consider a hotspot essential or it would have been a blocking bug. I'm willing to bet that MS has telemetry data saying it's not so essential that they can't release a preview build without it.

I understand it's important and essential to you, but for most users, it's probably not, especially in a technical preview.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think the problem here is that people start downloading before knowing the issues of the latest build, I did :) If MS put the list of problems that Gabe Aul publishes on his blog into a new update description and have people confirm that yes, I want it anyway, it would save people some problems.

Not really. The point is if your on the fast ring you should expect things like this and if the OP wasn't before then he should've done some research as you don't just magically join the insider program :) All in all, by now most of us know that MS always (could change at some point) publishes a list with known issues, so instead of jumping in head first, it would've been wiser to wait for the list and not expect a company to keep track of every users wishes and demands

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Windows Insider is for people who want some things to not work. Fast track is for people who want even more to not work.

But the fun of Insider is playing with the new toys even when some things break.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte