Mobile payment, does MS have a story for this yet

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
They are working on it. They said that but dont expect it to be soon. They hired people a while back and they are working on the wallet app as evidenced by mistakenly releasing wallet app with loyalty cards one day.

Summery: Coming soon! :)

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Summer? that's quite a ways off .. oh well. guess we'll see. I got given an Apple watch and I really find it convenient not having to dig out my card to pay for small transactions. it even works without the phone near me as it's somehow embedded into the watch after I linked my debit card. That's really neat

LOL - Coming soon. .. MS should trademark that ... Microsoft... Coming Soon.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
In terms of security, windows phone are very secure. I remember the OS passing the government certification few month back. It is certainly more secure than android which has a pay system.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Mobile payments are a "do or die" for the platform. Id expect to see an announcement by Q3 about something in beta. Bottom line is mobile pay is here, its gaining popularity, and more and more shops are accepting it. Could it be a co-op with another brand or their own system? Thats the real quesiton.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I've moved on for the time being. I am really digging Apple pay and the watch. It beggars belief that MS still does not have a system in place

wiederman

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I brought up a while ago the possibility of purchasing paypal now that it has split from ebay... that would give it the leg up over the competition

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I brought up a while ago the possibility of purchasing paypal now that it has split from ebay... that would give it the leg up over the competition

They could not afford PayPal, and isn't Nadella all about the 'bottom line' - I just can't see that happening to be honest.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
The paypal app is officially disabled on the platform now. So I'd say no lol. The only hope for payments is to buy an existing company or strike a deal with apple or google. Neither of which will happen. So no PayPal, Google wallet, or Apple Pay. Figure it out.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
So ultimately, we're left with the only platform that does not support wireless payments .. no wonder it's in the state it's in.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
The paypal app is officially disabled on the platform now. So I'd say no lol. The only hope for payments is to buy an existing company or strike a deal with apple or google. Neither of which will happen. So no PayPal, Google wallet, or Apple Pay. Figure it out.

Paypal is gone now too? Jesus! -- that's yet another reason to not bother going back to windows phone then ... good job Microsoft, good job! .. bravo!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Paypal is gone now too? Jesus! -- that's yet another reason to not bother going back to windows phone then ... good job Microsoft, good job! .. bravo!
i CAN'T believe there's people dying for wireless payment. The most unuseful thing exept paying parking and buses (and for that there's companies mobile web sites)

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, even if it were available, I don't think I'd use it. Sure, it looks all flashy and stuff, but I'm still not convinced about just how secure it is. I've seen enough examples of Man-in-the-Middle attacks on regular credit card terminals to be cautious.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Would be nice but heck half the places I try my regular Amex NFC have it disabled or dnt have the reader. Oh man and I hate the chip. Like standing there with you fly unzipped while it clunks along for a good five+ seconds...

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
i CAN'T believe there's people dying for wireless payment. The most unuseful thing exept paying parking and buses (and for that there's companies mobile web sites)

Spoken like a guy .. lol kidding!! I actually find it super helpful. I don't need to pull out my cards from my handbag and juggle about trying to pay for stuff. Why would you think it's not secure in places like Nob Hill or McDonalds? In fact, in Nob Hill it still asks me for my PIN, so it's just like using the ATM card, without the hassle of getting it out of my bag/purse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte