More weird behavior with Mail app

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I'm still dealing with the syncing error since the outlook.com migration. My mail actually syncs, but the error message still pops up. I can live, and am living, with that for now (though, MS is taking an AWFULLY long time to fix that). But now, ever since the app was updated recently, when reading the inbox list of messages, it will randomly flash to a blank screen saying "unable to sync right now" and then a few seconds later flash back to my inbox full of messages. Or sometimes the message will be "we have nothing to show right now". Wow is this frustrating! It had been doing it even when I was reading an individual message, which was beyond frustrating. That behavior seems to have abated.

Is anyone else seeing this? The Mail app seems to have become very unstable. I'm about at the end of my patience with it and ready to find a different mail app.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so I'm still dealing with the syncing error since the outlook.com migration. My mail actually syncs, but the error message still pops up. I can live, and am living, with that for now (though, MS is taking an AWFULLY long time to fix that). But now, ever since the app was updated recently, when reading the inbox list of messages, it will randomly flash to a blank screen saying "unable to sync right now" and then a few seconds later flash back to my inbox full of messages. Or sometimes the message will be "we have nothing to show right now". Wow is this frustrating! It had been doing it even when I was reading an individual message, which was beyond frustrating. That behavior seems to have abated.

Is anyone else seeing this? The Mail app seems to have become very unstable. I'm about at the end of my patience with it and ready to find a different mail app.

Maybe reduce the time it syncs, from as messages arrive to maybe 15 minutes

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria