Mousepad not working after intalling windows 10

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Acer laptop was running windows 8.1 I think , it,s only just over a year old , installed windows 10 but mousepad not working , tried switching on and off but still stuck , anyway I can rectify this . How would I get into boot menu etc if this is the way I need to go . Sorry but not a techy Thanks

Slatergs

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
What kind of Acer laptop is it?
Has the touchpad worked at all? Did you do a clean install or update from W8?

When I first upgraded W10 on my HP Stream 11, the mousepad worked.
Then I installed updates, which were just Intel Graphics, Windows Defender, and Intel IO update.
After these updates, the mousepad no longer worked.
I rolled back to the older version of the Intel IO drivers and it all works perfect again.

paulharc

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi ,
i have just solved this with a stroke of luck . I had a wireless mousepad which I plugged in and went to system restore which retored to a point before a security update earlier on today and the mousepad is fine at the moment . What this means I am not sure and will the same thing happen when it tries to update again ? Thanks for the replies

Slatergs

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I think what people are needing, is an older version of their Intel IO drivers.
That solved it for me and it looks like paulharc fixed his issue the same way.
So if you have updated drivers in W10 since your upgrade, than it is very likely that a newer version was installed that does not work properly.
Either roll back a few updates or download older Intel IO drivers from you computer manufacturers website. Downloading multiple Synaptics drivers didn't do anything for me.

pradha91

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Have a chat with Acer customer care. I did with hp people and they told me a worldwide driver release is scheduled for august 2nd week and asked to install at that time if facing problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial