Movies, show in folders

WillemC

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a lumia 1020 and I've added numerous movies to my phone via a pc-connection (somewhat like 40).
In my Video location, I created a couple of folders in which I placed these video's, regarding their topic.

So in each folder, the video's belong to eachother.

When I go to my Music & Video app (standard), it shows all my video's, but their all mixed up.
Is there a possibility to let it show the folders I've created, so I can open a folder and view all those movies belonging to that folder?

I searched google and this website, but I can't find an answer.

Thanks in advance.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a lumia 1020 and I've added numerous movies to my phone via a pc-connection (somewhat like 40).
In my Video location, I created a couple of folders in which I placed these video's, regarding their topic.

So in each folder, the video's belong to eachother.

When I go to my Music & Video app (standard), it shows all my video's, but their all mixed up.
Is there a possibility to let it show the folders I've created, so I can open a folder and view all those movies belonging to that folder?

I searched google and this website, but I can't find an answer.

Thanks in advance.

The answer to your question is, no. If you want a clean list make sure the movies are properly named to show in alphabetized list. Otherwise you'll end up in a mess. There is no folder view on WP currently.

Whether there is an app to help with this I don't know but from what I gather most apps don't have access those folders.

WillemC

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
This gives me another problem.
I attached my 1020 to my pc.
Renamed all the video's with an small prefix, but when I do this, the miniature in my file-explorer (w7) goes away.
After changing all the video's. I disconnected my phone and opened Music & Videos.
This app still showed the old names and didn't update them. I restarted the phone, did an soft reset, attached it multiple times to the pc again but nothing helps.
Making a copy of the file through my w7 file-explorer, creates a duplicate with the prefix - copy behind it. This one does show the little thumbnail and appears in my Music & Video app.
But again, if I change the name (remove - copy and replace it with for example 1) this one too doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Do I need to manually update this app / my internal storage. Removing it from my phone and copy it all over again would be an solution, but this problem looks like a major bug (got more than 4gb on small educational video's on my phone)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
My suggestion would be to just delete what's on the phone and start over again but maybe someone else has a better solution.

WillemC

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Even that won't work at the moment.
I cut/copied the folders to my pc. But in my Music & Video app the movies still are there (they won't play, but their there in the list).
I installed WP Tools and performed a clear music control and clear history, but the files still show up.

I just performed a soft reset also, but this didn't help either.
So i cleared my internal storage video folder, but the old files still show up in my phone (but won't play)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Even that won't work at the moment.
I cut/copied the folders to my pc. But in my Music & Video app the movies still are there (they won't play, but their there in the list).
I installed WP Tools and performed a clear music control and clear history, but the files still show up.

I just performed a soft reset also, but this didn't help either.
So i cleared my internal storage video folder, but the old files still show up in my phone (but won't play)

That's a little messed up. Did you try the storage check and delete files and do you have the Xbox music settings off?

WillemC

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
yes I've also tried that.
I again removed all my movies from my internal storage.
Disconnected my 1020 from the pc.
Did a restart of the 1020. They are all gone in the history tab, but when I go to collection --> Video's they are all still there.

Trying to open a file gives an errorcode: 80070003
I could delete them here manually by holding the file longer and select delete.
But in total there are more than 150 movies !

So why won't this app update these video - all, because I don't have any video's on my phone anymore.

This is really frustrating.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my camera roll and I suspected the culprit was the file manager in Windows 8.1. I tried renaming or something and it resulted in the same symptoms as you're seeing with the videos. I ended up taking a picture and had four copies of it seconds after taking it! And, sadly I tried all of the same things you did to fix it with no success including formatting the SD card . I ended up doing a hard reset of the phone and formatted the card prior to using it which seems to have fixed it. But this begs the question of how do you do any file management if every time you connect to your pc you run the risk of corruption? I know it was probably just a single thing I did to the folder (sorting, or renaming or something) but I have no idea what it was. Maybe I just have to limit myself to copying things on or off and leave it at that. Having said that resetting my phone wasn't an ordeal if you're properly backed up but still...

WillemC

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1020, so I don't have an SD card (there isn't a slot for an sd-card).

Yesterday I copied a bunch of video's to my phone. They all worked well.
I attach my phone to my pc (w7 pro), deleted everything in the Videos folder (Computer\Windows Phone\Phone\Videos )
but the video thumbs still show up in my Music+Videos app --> Collection --> Videos
I've just deleted my music from the Music folder, and that part works OK. The Music+Videos app --> Collection --> Music was empty and gave the message "nothing here".

So I just can't figure out why the Videos part isn't doing this correctly.
I'm now manually deleting the files, which takes forever because of the large amount of video-files.

I'm testing this phone for our company, but this doesn't give me a good impression...

WillemC

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
For now I deleted all the video's manually in the Music+Videos app.
I copied the correct files back on my internal memory again, so their good for now.
But I find this quit an important bug (Music also gives a lot of problems I've read, but seems like video's are less used here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos