Moving up to Icon

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey All...

Moving from the Lumia 928 forum to the Icon forum... Got my Icon yesterday and last night did the WPDP 8.1 last night. All went well and so far everything is working great.

The Icon is lightning fast compared to my 928. I loved that phone but the specs where a little low for all the new stuff coming out. I had issues on my 928 loading twitter stream and just loading photos in general. Also the camera app would take to long to launch and I missed some great shots because of that.

It's about the same form factor but the larger screen is very noticeable and the camera app, (which now I can go back to MS camera) loads very quickly.

Have not had much time to see how battery life is yet. I know many on these forums have complained about low battery life. Especially after loading WPDP. I expected that with bigger screen and processor I may get less life then my 928 but will see.

Overall, Love it so far, I think I have finally found the perfect phone.

wp_ss_20140615_0001.jpg

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Welcome aboard. You are now the proud owner of the best WP on the market. Not that I'm biased but overall this phone is super. Keep us up to date on what you think in a few days and weeks.

Again, welcome aboard.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
If you're like me, you will miss glance. But, the size, screen and speed mostly make up for it. BTW, your screenshot looks awesome. I guess I need to work on mine.

As far as battery life, I recently did a hard reset and left all the default WP 8.1 settings active, including everything that gets installed and runs in the background. The only thing I changed was turning off battery saver. My battery life has been awesome.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey All...

Moving from the Lumia 928 forum to the Icon forum... Got my Icon yesterday and last night did the WPDP 8.1 last night. All went well and so far everything is working great.

The Icon is lightning fast compared to my 928. I loved that phone but the specs where a little low for all the new stuff coming out. I had issues on my 928 loading twitter stream and just loading photos in general. Also the camera app would take to long to launch and I missed some great shots because of that.

It's about the same form factor but the larger screen is very noticeable and the camera app, (which now I can go back to MS camera) loads very quickly.

Have not had much time to see how battery life is yet. I know many on these forums have complained about low battery life. Especially after loading WPDP. I expected that with bigger screen and processor I may get less life then my 928 but will see.

Overall, Love it so far, I think I have finally found the perfect phone.

Attachments

• 10462706_10202262575790240_9146934093503131489_n.jpg
    10462706_10202262575790240_9146934093503131489_n.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 45

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually battery life can be a little weird. This past Tuesday, I went from 80ish% down to under 10% inside of an hour and all I did was use the Nokia Car App, Here Drive, and Pandora at the same time. I closed all three apps before putting the phone in my pocket. The battery drain (and associated overheating) came AFTER I closed the apps.

Yesterday, we did an overnight camp on the USS Missouri and I went from 100% down to just under 20% in five+ hours. In that time, I was taking a lot of photos, shot a couple of videos, and posting to Facebook (when I had signal). So, I'm not sure how much is actual OS related issues, or if there are certain apps that don't close properly when you are finished with them.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Actually battery life can be a little weird. This past Tuesday, I went from 80ish% down to under 10% inside of an hour and all I did was use the Nokia Car App, Here Drive, and Pandora at the same time. I closed all three apps before putting the phone in my pocket. The battery drain (and associated overheating) came AFTER I closed the apps.

Yesterday, we did an overnight camp on the USS Missouri and I went from 100% down to just under 20% in five+ hours. In that time, I was taking a lot of photos, shot a couple of videos, and posting to Facebook (when I had signal). So, I'm not sure how much is actual OS related issues, or if there are certain apps that don't close properly when you are finished with them.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Has it always been like this or has battery life ever been normal?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Has it always been like this or has battery life ever been normal?

No. It hasn't always been like this. It seems to have manifested over the past few weeks or so. And, for me at least, it seems to be tied to a select few apps that trigger the overheating and the runaway battery drain. I'm paying more attention to which apps I use and note when I get the battery drain and overheating. I then attempt to recreate the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire