MS Edge latest version always launches narrowly, why?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm using MS Edge on Windows 11. The most recent version of Edge now makes it always come up narrow, as if this were running on a phone. And always on my left monitor. I don't like either of these. I'm working on a desktop with two monitors. I want Edge to launch about half the width of my monitors and on the right monitor. Since this latest version came out about a week ago, I've moved Edge to my right monitor, then widened it to half the width of the monitor. I work with it like that, then when I close it to log out of Windows, I expect to find it on the right monitor, half the width of the monitor. Just like Windows does with any other application that I launch and work on, then close before logging off.

But no, that's not what happens. Instead, all week Edge has launch narrow, as though it were running on a phone and always on the left monitor.

Why is MS Edge behaving this way? Why is it totally ignoring how and where I place it?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Try placing it on the primary Window you want it, and then disconnecting your second monitor and disabling second monitor options. Once disconnected, reboot, and then open Edge and reconnect the other monitor. Once that's done, you can run some tests and see if it stays in place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria