MS keeps shooting themselves in the foot. I've had enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I just wished Microsoft WP division is doing a better job. It seems that their other divisions are doing a better job. I'll see what the next WP update will bring I guess before deciding to leave or not. Just to be clear, I know Windows Phone will succeed and gain a large enough market share to warrant the avg consumer's attention but as of now, I think they need to work harder. If Nokia didn't go with WP, I think WP would have failed a long time ago outside the US.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I just wished Microsoft WP division is doing a better job. It seems that their other divisions are doing a better job. I'll see what the next WP update will bring I guess before deciding to leave or not. Just to be clear, I know Windows Phone will succeed and gain a large enough market share to warrant the avg consumer's attention but as of now, I think they need to work harder. If Nokia didn't go with WP, I think WP would have failed a long time ago outside the US.

That's the spirit :) The new MS with four divisions will be in much better condition than now

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

To be honest you are going to have to wait a while GDR2 and 3 are minor system updates - it wont be until blue hits early 2014 that we will really see a benefit. Yes MS are well behind the curve in some respects but in others they are leading.

I don't think WP will ever get above 15% market share but I do think that by the time were at 15% we will have the most complete ecosystem available. WP will always be at number 3 and im happy with that if the three screens and cloud vision that MS are aiming at actually comes along and allows me seamless integration with my mobile, pc/tablet and xbox. Its going to take time and were not going to see real progress until the middle of next year. If MS has to ship apps and games in the meantime then so be it its all money to the windows mobile division which only helps WP users in the long run.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
This is not something new. Microsoft has been shooting themselves in the foot for years. They had a tablet os and convertible tablets 10 yrs ago, hp tc1000, they blew it. Smartphone market locked up, windows mobile, they blew it. A plethora of applications and systems that refused to work with each other. Its very frustrating to us long time Microsoft supporters and early adopters

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
yeaaah, sorry for being an angry mad guy just now..was being a jerk on my part..my bad!

This is not something new. Microsoft has been shooting themselves in the foot for years. They had a tablet os and convertible tablets 10 yrs ago, hp tc1000, they blew it. Smartphone market locked up, windows mobile, they blew it. A plethora of applications and systems that refused to work with each other. Its very frustrating to us long time Microsoft supporters and early adopters

Dude let's not start it up again. Put this thread to rest. It had its time to run

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok this thread is going round in circles and seems to be contributing nothing new but rather seems to bringing more aggressiveness, so I've called in the Grim Reaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul89895