Mugen Extended Battery

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If you need the juice then I would say get the extended OEM battery. If you don't want the bulge then I would say you're out of luck.
I only wish HTC offered an extended battery for my Surround.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

sko

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My routine has not changed in months, and I monitor my battery usage closely. I start the day (full overnight charge) reading mail, RSS feeds and BoardExpress, for 2hrs+. At 2hrs I always check the battery: HTC, about 55-60%, Mugen, about 45-50%. I tried to monitor all of my uptime while using the Mugen, and came in at a little under 4hrs before the low battery indicator kicked in. Previous tests with the HTC got me to around 4.5hrs. Not scientific, but I did expect something close to a 22% boost, and at very best got no more than I already have. My typical strategy is to buy a spare OEM battery when I get the phone and switch out every three months, so they both wear evenly.

And to answer your other question, I am no expert, but basically you can't put 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag. You can get some battery test results at batteryboss.com and form your own opinion. I do believe that larger third party batteries (with extwnds battery doors) do hold more juice but these "same size, more juice claims" are no more than claims. But by all means, test for yourself.

Cool, well like I've previously stated I had a "same size" greater capacity battery for my pre plus that kicked the crap outa the stock battery, so I'm confortable giving it a shot.

Edit: Kinda glad the HTC Incredible battery fits, now I can get a seido instead of a mugen. It'll be here tomorrow I'll let cha'll know what happens after I've drained it a few times.

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Cool, well like I've previously stated I had a "same size" greater capacity battery for my pre plus that kicked the crap outa the stock battery, so I'm confortable giving it a shot.

Edit: Kinda glad the HTC Incredible battery fits, now I can get a seido instead of a mugen. It'll be here tomorrow I'll let cha'll know what happens after I've drained it a few times.
Hey, hope it works out for you. Didn't for me but everyones experience may be different. Seidio does have a better reputation though, so who knows.

Soxpranos

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I am ordering this:

Two 1800mAh battery + Charger for HTC Droid Incredible | eBay

Reviews on some other sites mentioned these and I figured at 20 bucks it was worth a shot. I'll let y'all know how this goes as well.

I just ordered this as well, should be getting in in 2-3 days and will post how the battery life is. I did purchase an 1800mah battery from evertop in the UK and basically its bad. I will never use evertop again, even though they seem to have some stuff for the trophies.

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I received my batteries. The battery compared to the stock trophy battery is ever so slightly thicker. This unfortunately causes the back plate to no longer fit the phone correctly. (still stays on securely, however the sides of the cover are stretched and it exposes some of the red.)

Pics to come later...

funki73

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I received my batteries. The battery compared to the stock trophy battery is ever so slightly thicker. This unfortunately causes the back plate to no longer fit the phone correctly. (still stays on securely, however the sides of the cover are stretched and it exposes some of the red.)

Pics to come later...

I recieved mine a couple of days ago and still going through the initializing steps.

Pics: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=a6a49e0b5f1dab44&page=play&resid=A6A49E0B5F1DAB44!399

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte