multi instant messenger? aim/yahoo/msn?

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
there's a ****ty msn app, and no other apps. someone's working on it.. i wanna say it was beejive, but it might have been trillian or im+.

whoever it was, microsoft should have worked with them to have it out sooner. to go months without any im apps on a "cutting edge" smartphone is embarassing.. but that being said, if beejive DOES come out with one, i bet it'll make all of the other im apps look like sad puppies.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
there's a ****ty msn app, and no other apps. someone's working on it.. i wanna say it was beejive, but it might have been trillian or im+.

whoever it was, microsoft should have worked with them to have it out sooner. to go months without any im apps on a "cutting edge" smartphone is embarassing.. but that being said, if beejive DOES come out with one, i bet it'll make all of the other im apps look like sad puppies.

Agreed! Beejive was dope on my old MotoQ9h. Too bad they discontinued support and never got out of beta.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the messenger app, I think microsoft did a good job with live 2011 with messenger I don't know whey they didnt make the app as weil with video and all ...

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
yes I agree with all this windows live new stuff then they go out and sub out the work on the messenger app is a very bad move on microsfts part, I really wanted a smoth
messenger app that works like the desktop version with adding facebook chat contacts and video ...
whats up with that MS...

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
yes I agree with all this windows live new stuff then they go out and sub out the work on the messenger app is a very bad move on microsfts part, I really wanted a smoth
messenger app that works like the desktop version with adding facebook chat contacts and video ...
whats up with that MS...

You would think someone over at microsoft could right click and drag MSN messenger on to my phone.

SanFranMan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This is a boneheaded move on MS's part and may very well be the dealbreaker that sends this back to AT&T before the 30 day trial is up.

I understand they were under time pressures but imagine if they hadn't wasted warm bodies on mobile IE (which still sucks and doesn't work with all the WebKit-optimized sites) and instead made a Metro-shelled WebKit browser and got to work on an IM client.

I want to use this phone but I can't since IM is like 3/4 of what I do. :(

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't blame you. really. I was surprised that it wasn't included.
This is a boneheaded move on MS's part and may very well be the dealbreaker that sends this back to AT&T before the 30 day trial is up.

I understand they were under time pressures but imagine if they hadn't wasted warm bodies on mobile IE (which still sucks and doesn't work with all the WebKit-optimized sites) and instead made a Metro-shelled WebKit browser and got to work on an IM client.

I want to use this phone but I can't since IM is like 3/4 of what I do. :(

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I forward my AIM messages to my mobile number, so I receive them as a text. And it allows me to reply back. Works great when I'm away from the computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo