Multiple errors, and now Windows 10 won't boot

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So, just installed Windows 10 on my new build yesterday. All was well, started the download for Anthem this morning, but I had to leave before it finished. When I got home, screen was blank, wouldn't respond. Rebooted, blue screen "kernel security check failure", reboot again "page fault in non paged area", reboot still again and it was an error with acpi.sys, once more and it's "system thread exception not handled"

So, I should just reinstall, right? I hadn't really put much on it yet -chrome, Illustrator, a couple games off Origin, a ton of fonts and transferred a lot of my design stuff off my laptop.

Is it a case of exceptionally bad luck, or is there something maybe that caused it...?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. We're all of the parts new? The BSOD usually indicates a hardware fault.

What storage drive did you put Windows on?

Could you list all the parts you used as well?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The 'Fault in non-paged area' could suggest bad RAM. If you boot up on, say the default VGA graphics (not using the dGPU) does it boot? Similarly, if you try removing each RAM module, one at a time, does it boot up? What I am saying is that it may be caused by your RAM or graphics hardware.

SpotUs

Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
Sorry, had trouble figuring out how to reply here, and I guess my first one didn't go through.
Ryujingt3 - It was indeed the RAM. Swapped in a stick from my daughter's computer - voila. Working perfectly. Defective stuff it's on its way back to Amazon, and new stick is coming.

Thanks for the replies. I was so pleased with myself, as this was my first build. It was rather disheartening to have it crash and burn, haha. At least it was an easy fix.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, had trouble figuring out how to reply here, and I guess my first one didn't go through.
Ryujingt3 - It was indeed the RAM. Swapped in a stick from my daughter's computer - voila. Working perfectly. Defective stuff it's on its way back to Amazon, and new stick is coming.

Thanks for the replies. I was so pleased with myself, as this was my first build. It was rather disheartening to have it crash and burn, haha. At least it was an easy fix.

Brilliant! Well done for fixing it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000