Why won't my new Windows 10 computer boot?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My new computer was "idling" when the screen went black. Manually powering off ad back on generates the animated circular dots and the HP logo for awhile, but then the screen goes back to black. If I leave the machine on, sometimes it cycles back through and starts over. There are no error messages, but it never boots properly. I can get to BIOS and Windows Recovery, but no bootup to Windows.

In the short time I had the computer, I did not activate an Administrator account or make a Windows 10 recovery disc or drive. I did not make a system repair disc.

Many of the Recovery Tools tasks that might be helpful (such as Bootrec.exe) are not available without the administrator account. Without administrator priviledges, the recovery tools did allow restoring Windows 10 to factory condition, which I did. That doesn't fix the bootup problem. I also restored the BIOS to factory specs, and that didn't help either.

How do I get Windows 10 to boot again?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Welcome to Windows Central. To the best of my knowledge there has to be at least one Administrator account created when windows is set up. Are you saying you were able to restore back to factory? Now you can't boot into Windows! You can get to the Advanced startup mode by turning you PC off and on 3 times. Here's how! If you need more help, please join the forum!
If your PC isn?t loading Windows 10 and you don?t have the operating system installation files, you can use the following trick.

Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/310085-join-windows-central-community.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99